Bookanista Review - The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
Time for another Bookanista review. Today, I am bringing you my thoughts on Tracy Banghart's BY BLOOD. I actually read this a month ago or so, but I FINALLY get a chance to talk about it! But first, check out the other Bookanista posts:
- Lenore Appelhans is loving being on the edge with DANGEROUS GIRLS by Abagail Haas
- Shari Arnold is intrigued with SCARLETT by A.C. Gaughen
- Christine Fonseca is making a happy noise for THE INVISIBLE BOY by Trudy Ludwig
- Tracy Banghart is revealing the cover for her upcoming book, SHATTERED VEIL
- Tracey Neithercott is crushing on SOLVING FOR EX by LeighAnne Kopans
- Kimberly Sabatini is reveling in YOU LOOK DIFFERENT IN REAL LIFE by Jennifer Castle
About THE INVISIBLE BOY by Tracy Ludwig (10/08/13)
Meet Brian, the invisible boy. Nobody ever seems to notice him or think to include him in their group, game, or birthday party . . . until, that is, a new kid comes to class.What Others Are Saying (From Amazon):
When Justin, the new boy, arrives, Brian is the first to make him feel welcome. And when Brian and Justin team up to work on a class project together, Brian finds a way to shine.
From esteemed author and speaker Trudy Ludwig and acclaimed illustrator Patrice Barton, this gentle story shows how small acts of kindness can help children feel included and allow them to flourish. Any parent, teacher, or counselor looking for material that sensitively addresses the needs of quieter children will find The Invisible Boy a valuable and important resource.
Includes backmatter with discussion questions and resources for further reading.
This book is the epitome of a FAB picture book - from the amazing art of Barton, to the poignant story from Ludwig, THE INVISIBLE BOY touches on the realities of a typical classroom and the difficulties some kids face in developing relationships. It is a discussion guide, a story, and a work of art. BRAVO to team Ludwig and Barton!
Check it out on Amazon and other fine retailers!
What great books have you read recently?