Bookanista Interview with Sandra Almazan
Christine Fonseca interviews author Sandra Almazan
Stasia Ward Kehoe is spellbound by ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD & GIRL OF NIGHTMARES
Jessica Love falls for UNBREAK MY HEART
LiLa Roecker swoons over STORYBOUND
Megan Miranda is giddy for GILT
Debra Driza celebrates STARTERS
- Give me the blurb for
the book in 140 characters or less: A scientist with family issues must travel to another universe and decide if she should clone her great-grandfather, a famous musician.
- Do you have a fav character and why? From this book, it would have to be the main character, Joanna. She's a scientist with an attitude.
- What do you hope readers will get from your book? I hope they enjoy it, of course, but I also hope they learn to appreciate science and the importance of following your passions.
- What inspires you? I can get inspiration from anything--my favorite group (the Beatles), everyday occurances, other stories, even the mail.
- Hardest aspect of writing? Best? As a pantser, the hardest part of writing is revising and working with critique. The best part of writing is seeing plotlines coming together at the climax and finishing the story.
- Who is your writing hero? Patricia McKillip. I love her poetic style and her ability to write so many unique stories in different worlds.
o Sweet or salty? Sweet!
o Beach or mountains? Mountains.
o Online or in person? Online.
o Ebook or print? Ebook.
About the Future:
- What’s next for you? I'm currently preparing a paper version of Lyon's Legacy, working on the sequel, and finishing the first draft of a fantasy novel.
- One outrageous goal for the future? I'd love to own autographs from all four Beatles.
What's in your TBR pile right now?