Monday, April 28, 2014

Wherein I Realize That I Deserted My Blog...

Today is Monday, April 28. APRIL 28. How the heck did that happen? It seems like just yesterday I was here, telling you how I'm in the weeds with revisions. And now, 28 days later, I'm back. Holy Moly.

I started blogging in 2009, and moved to blogger sometime in 2011. I never missed more than a few weeks since then. And now, I've disappeared for nearly a month. Wow

Worse, I can't even tell you what I've done over the past month. Sure, I've been knee deep in my book. And yes, I have caught about three colds over the last month (Whooping cough, if you can believe that!), and worked countless hours. But still, it doesn't seem like a full month has gone by.

I've felt disconnected from my writing world a lot over the past month. And perhaps, my blog desertion is part of the reason. Whatever it is, I can honestly say that I have missed being around.

In the midst of the busyness this month, a few things have really come into focus for me:

1) I really have about five things I can't live without - my family, my readers, talking to kids, writing books, and helping others in some way

2) I take longer to write a book - MUCH LONGER - than I think I do

3) I miss daily contact with my writerly buds

4) I really am my own worst enemy!

I will talk more about some of this in the days/weeks to come. In the meantime, I am just happy to be back to a somewhat regular blog schedule.

As is typical, I will be revamping things a bit next month. Until then, I plan on not letting another month go by without any contact.

What have you guys been up to??? I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!