Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bookanista Review: Vengeance by Megan Miranda

It's Thursday, and time for another Bookanista review. Today I am reviewing one of my favorite reads this year - Vengeance by Megan Miranda. If you love a great sequel (or companion - though I think this is more of a sequel), you'll LOVE this continuation of the "Fracture" story. But before I get into that, here is a peek at the other Bookanistas and their fav books this week:
On to my review -

About VENGEANCE by Megan Miranda:
Nobody really believes in a curse. Until you know the people who disappear. Too much coincidence, you look for reason. Too much death, you grasp for something to blame. Carson pulled Delaney out and he died on the side of the road with her mouth pressed to his. Her air in his body. Troy. She told the cops it was suicide. Didn't matter. The lake released her and grabbed another. But when Decker's father dies in a pool of spilled water on their kitchen floor, all Decker can feel is a slow burning rage. Because he knows that Delaney knew that his dad was going to die. She knew and backed out of his house and never said a word. Falcon Lake still has a hold on them both, and Decker can't forgive Delaney until he knows why.

Why I liked it: 
This was an outstanding follow-up to FRACTURE. Told from the POV of Decker, it was a messed-up emo ride that had me 1000% hooked from the very beginning. I loved Miranda's story development, the character growth and her writing. Definitely NOT a light read in any way, this is an angst-filled emotional ride. And given my love for all things emo, it's not big shock that I LOVED this book!!! And yes, I loved it MORE than Fracture!

If you like dark, emo stories that deal with a huge depth of emotion, this is for you!

What great books have you read recently?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!