Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Author Spotlight: Kimberly Miller


Time for another Author Spotlight! Today I am thrilled to again bring Kimberly Miller and her epic novel, TRIANGLES. Before I get to the fab Jan questions Kimberly kindly answered, here is a little more
about her:


Kimberly Miller received Bachelor's degrees from Georgian Court University and Rutgers University and a Master's degree from The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She is an avid reader and particularly enjoys true crime and young adult novels. She grew up in New Jersey and currently resides in Monmouth County with her husband and three cats. When she’s not writing, she loves to travel to sunny islands where she snorkels by day and stargazes by night. She always takes her Nook with her. 

Author links:
KAMillerWrites@aol.com

Twitter: @KimberlyAnnNJ
Facebook: Kimberly Ann Miller

As I mentioned, Kimberly took the time to answer some epic questions for Jan - and trust me, her answers are great: 
  • What are your writerly goals for 2014? I would love to find an agent to represent my work, as well as sell more of my manuscripts! I have a few floating around out there!
  • If you good do some OTHER artistic endeavor in 2014, what would it be? Hmm…I would love to be able to draw, but even stick figures are a challenge for me!
  • What author would you love to write a book with and why? There are so many authors I have come to know and respect over the past few years that this is a tough one. I think for a YA book, I’d pick Jennifer Armentrout for her amazing ability to write strong female characters and annoying but loveable males. For thriller or mystery, Jonathan Maberry. I met him at a conference last year and he is the nicest, most down to earth guy ever! And he’s cool and writes in every genre, which makes him multi-talented. For heart-wrenching stories, John Green. He can rip a reader’s heart out in seconds and put it all back together by the end. How does that sound?
Sounds great to me! Excellent choices...

And now - a bit about Kimberly's book, TRIANGLES: 

A cruise ship. A beautiful island. Two sexy guys. What could possibly go wrong?  

In the Bermuda Triangle—a lot. 

Hoping to leave behind the reminders of her crappy life--her father's death years ago, her mother's medical problems, and the loser who’s practically stalking her--seventeen-year-old Autumn Taylor hops on a ship with her sister for a little distraction. When she wakes up in the Bermuda Triangle, she fears she's gone nuts for more than one reason: that loser’s suddenly claiming they're a happy couple... a hot guy is wrapping his arms around her and saying "Happy Anniversary"... and suddenly, she’s full of bruises, losing her hair, and getting IV medication. Autumn visits the ship's doctor, hoping for a pill or a shot to make the craziness go away. Instead, she's warned that these "alternate realities" could become permanent. 

She just has to ask herself one question—how the hell is she going to get out of this mess?
Thanks for stopping by Kimberly! Loved having you again. Join me next week when I host Cheri Lasota

2 comments:

Thanks for your input!