Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Author Spotlight: Dorothy Dreyer and MY SISTER'S REAPER


Time for another Author Spotlight! Today I am thrilled to bring you Dorothy Dreyer and her book, MY SISTER'S REAPER! Dorothy is someone that I have known for a while online, and I am so happy to be able to feature here. Before I introduce Dorothy's 
book, here is a little more about her:

Dorothy Dreyer has always believed in magic. She loves reading, writing, movies, takeout, chocolate, and spending time with her family and friends. Half-American and half-Filipino, Dorothy lives in Germany with her husband and two teens.

Dorothy was kind enough to answer a few questions for me:
  • What are your writerly goals for 2014? My writerly goals for 2014 is to finish the manuscript I'm working on, as well as tying up all revisions for my second book, which comes out in the spring. I've also got an old story I'm trying to rework, waiting on the coals.
  • If you good do some OTHER artistic endeavor in 2014, what would it be? I don't know if you would call it artistic, but I've been working on crocheting a blanket, and I would love to finish it.
  • What author would you love to write a book with and why? Oh man, so many! Veronica Roth, Maggie Stiefvater, Cynthia Hand, JK Rowling. I'd take any of them! They're all geniuses in my eyes, and I'd love to pick their brains and find out their creative processes.
Here is a little bit about Dorothy's book: 
My Sister's Reaper blurb:
Sixteen-year-old Zadie’s first mistake was telling the boy she liked she could bring her dead sister back to life. Her second mistake was actually doing it.
When Zadie accidentally messes with the Reaper’s Rite that should have claimed her sister Mara, things go horribly wrong. Mara isn’t the same anymore—Zadie isn’t even sure she’s completely human. To top it off, a Reaper is determined to collect Mara's soul. Now Zadie must figure out how to defeat her sister’s Reaper or let Mara die … this time for good.
Thanks so much for stopping by Dorothy! Next week I am thrilled to be featuring Kimberly Miller.

If you're an author and you'd like to be featured one week, please let me know. Otherwise, see you next time!
Next week I am featuring Dorothy Dreyer on the blog. I hope you will join me! 

1 comment:

Thanks for your input!