Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Author Spotlight: Cheri Lasota


Time for another Author Spotlight! Today I am thrilled to be hosting Cheri Lasota. Cheri and I have recently become friends and I am so excited to be jumping into her books soon. Before I get to Cheri's take on this month's questions, here is a little more
about her:


Cheri Lasota is a techno-dweeb and darn proud of it. She dabbles in video editing, ebook design, coding, gaming, gizmos, gadgets, tablets, and apps. When she's not busy wasting time on Facebook, she also has her hand in composing, filmmaking, snuggling, and ski racing. She secretly daydreams about owning two schnauzers named Tristan and Isolde, someday hearing the soundtrack to a film based on one of her books, and writing full time dressed only in her PJs.

Here are Cheri's amazing answers to this month's questions:
  • What are your writerly goals for 2014? I have a feeling it's going to take me at least half a year (if not more) to research and plan my upcoming scifi trilogy. It's an epic story that will take all my focus. I hope by the time National Novel Month rolls around in November, I'll be ready to begin the writing process in earnest. I can't wait. I'll be fit to bursting by then! Beyond that, I'll be hosting the completely free online writing conference IndieRecon.org this Feb 25-27, 2014 alongside the fabulous Shelli Johannes, Ali Cross, Heather McCorkle, Christine Fonseca, and Chanda Hahn. 
  • If you good do some OTHER artistic endeavor in 2014, what would it be? I do have plans to explore some more passions of mine in 2014. I spent half of 2013 planning and getting married and the other half roaring through finishing my second novel, Echoes in the Glass. I plan to slow down this year and take some time to compose piano music, get back into oil painting and pastels, and turn my hand at scrapbooking again. Here's hoping anyway!
  • What author would you love to write a book with and why? I'd love to write my upcoming scifi trilogy with Susan Kaye Quinn. It'd be a blast brainstorming ideas together and we could put her knowledge of astronomy and NASA to awesome use in this particular storyline. I've already asked her advice on a particular plot issue and she graciously shared her thoughts with me on it. She's a dear heart, that lady. 
Thanks for the nice shout out, Cheri - the conference will be AMAZING!

And now - a bit about Cheri's featured books:

Artemis Rising

"Left me breathless and spellbound. I wanted to live inside its pages." --Karen Hooper, Author of Tangled Tides

Can we change our stars?
Eva must accept the tragic fate her mother has chosen for her, to be forever chained to the boy who will become the human form of the Greek river god. But Tristan, the Azorean Islander boy she loves, has willingly chosen another destiny, one fraught with just as much danger and sorrow. Are Eva and Tristan destined to live forever together but eternally apart? Diogo, an intense boy driven by a mysterious power, will drive them even further apart if they cannot find a way to break the curse they’ve fallen under.
Artemis Rising was inspired by an unforgettable 2-year stay in the Azores Islands. The novel is based on the legend of Tristan and Isolde and the Greek myth of Alpheus and Arethusa.
* First Place Winner in the 2013 Cygnus Awards
* E-book Category Finalist in the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards

Echoes in the Glass

"If you read the synopsis and think it sounds like a great read.. multiply that by a hundred and you might be closer to how bloody brilliant this book actually is." --Toni Lesatz, My Book Addiction

Finnian bears the scar of an unspeakable crime. Tiria hides the pain of a terrible betrayal. When all their secrets are laid bare, will the truth rip them apart or forever silence the echoes of the past?

Seventeen-year-old Finnian Bell has been on the run for years, but he finally has a chance to rebuild his life while restoring an abandoned lighthouse on the Oregon Coast. Tiria Lucas, the lightkeeper's daughter, is still reeling from the pain of an event that has shattered her innocence. Fear and bitterness have turned her heart from Finnian, but he is determined not to let her go. 

The lighthouse harbors dark secrets of its own... When Finnian and Tiria uncover the story of two teens hidden in the tower back in 1935, they discover a shocking connection that bridges time and death.

Crossing genres into worlds you've never seen... Echoes in the Glass is half-contemporary, half-historical with enough mystery, romance and lighthouse lore to ignite your imagination.


These books sound great and I can't wait to read them!
Thanks for stopping by Cheri - I've loved getting to know more about you and your books! I am taking next week off, but will be back in February with new questions, and new guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!