Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Break and How It Breathed New Life Into Me

Wow! It's been a while since I've posted something other than a review or a spotlight. In fact, I pretty much ignored my blog all together last week. The break was unexpected; family wound up coming over for more days than expected. So I did something I NEVER do - I took a break. A real break. From everything.

I didn't worry about writing, or promoting, or blogging, or the next books I need to focus on, or the day job or anything. I even stayed offline for the most part. I simply enjoyed my family, cooked a TON of food, decorated the house - inside and out. And played. Yep. Played.

It's been a very long time since I have completely abandoned everything I had going on and just vegged with family. And you know what - it was EPIC!

I needed the time away, the perspective. I needed to reconnect with those most important to me. But most importantly, I needed the clarity that comes from taking the time to breathe and connect with others.

This break gave me perspective and excitement for the months to come. It gave me the oxygen necessary to breathe and the distance needed to create. And man-oh-man, I am excited for the stories I have planned next year! And yes, I am learning that I need to take this kinds of breaks more often.

So, what about you? What do you do to renew? Are you good about taking breaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!