Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bookanista Review of Chandra Hahn's IRON BUTTERFLY

This is a little late getting up, but it is time for another Bookanista review. I am so excited about today's review of Chandra Hahn's IRON BUTTERFLY! I will tell you, I am a new, hardcore Chandra fan after this book! She is such a talented writer. But before I get into all of that, here is the list of what all of the Bookanistas are talking about today:
On to my review -

About IRON BUTTERFLY by Chandra Hahn
Imprisoned, starved and left with no memories, Thalia awakens to find herself at the mercy of an evil cult known as the Septori. Their leader has chosen Thalia as the test subject for a torture device of untold power, designed to change and twist her into something that is neither human nor Denai.

Escaping, Thalia finds an unwilling warrior to protect her and an unlikely Denai to befriend her. After finding a home at the Citadel as a servant, Thalia’s worst nightmare comes to life and she begins to show signs of power. Scared and unable to control her gifts, she tries to hide her past to fit in among the Denai. But the Septori want their latest test subject back and will stop at nothing to retrieve her, dead or alive.
What Others Are Saying (From Amazon):
"Hahn proves her mettle as a fantasy writer, layering the historic events and political concerns of the world she has created with a twisting romance that will leave you wondering about Thalia's past, and which of her suitors keeps the secret that will unlock her future. "The Iron Butterfly" is a gripping, enjoyable, and immersive read that will have you cheering for Thalia and fearing for her life" -Lovestruck Literary

Why I liked it: 
I don't really know where to begin - I picked up IRON BUTTERFLY because I wanted to read some of Chandra's writing and holy WOW! I am seriously hooked. Not only does she create a setting that is both believable and fantastic, she creates characters that I care about from page one all the way through the end. Her writing kept me flipping pages into the wee hours of the morning. This is something that is a MUST READ and proves, yet again, the amazing Indie writer's you can find. I know I am a fangirl of Chandra's for life now!

Check it out on Amazon and other fine retailers!

What great books have you read recently?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!