Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Author Spotlight: Lisa Gail Green

Time for more Author Spotlights! This was supposed to post yesterday. But, as you have likely noticed, I have been a little absent of late. The truth, the creeping crud caught up with me. Yuck!!! But, I am happy to report that I am on the mend and finally back to blogging. At least a little bit.

So, today, I bring a belated Author Spotlight featuring the ever-fabulous, Lisa Gail Green.

Before I introduce Lisa's books, here is a little more about her:

Lisa Gail Green writes paranormal and fantasy. She lives with her rocket scientist husband and three junior mad scientists in Southern California. The first novel in her Djinn series, THE BINDING STONE, is now available! She would most definitely have a werewolf for a pet if she weren't allergic. 

My favorite part of the Author Spotlights are the wacky Q&A I make them do! Here are Lisa's answers:

  • Your main villain has decided to take over traditional Christmas traditions. Tell me what he/she does to make the holiday different (think Nightmare Before Christmas) - If Kitra were to take over Christmas, which I'm sure she'd love to do, she'd make it Kitmas or possibly All Kitra's Day. She'd have everyone bring tributes or gifts to her instead of each other. In fact, the only thing she'd probably keep the same would be the color scheme since she loves red and gold. 
  • You are giving a present to your all-time favorite author. What is it and why did you choose it? - That's easy believe it or not! I'd choose my hero, Libba Bray, and I'd give her a cape. Why? Because the first time I met her I told her she was my hero and she signed GOING BOVINE, "I'll be your hero if I can wear a cape." That's part of why I love her! LOL 
  • If you could achieving absolutely anything in 2014, what would it be? -  If I could achieve anything in 2014 I'd have to put my family first and say family health and harmony. Is that cheating? :D If it was strictly personal and gratuitous, I'd wish to get my book out there to those who would enjoy it because what I really want is to connect with readers.
And now, a little more about THE BINDING STONE:
Tricked into slavery by the man she loved, the Djinni Leela has an eternity to regret her choices.
Awakened in the prison of her adolescent body, she finds a new master in possession of the opal that binds her. But seventeen-year-old Jered is unlike any she's seen. His kindness makes Leela yearn to trust again, to allow herself a glimmer of hope.
Could Jered be strong enough to free her from the curse of the Binding Stone?
See what others are saying:

"I dream of Lisa Gail Green! THE BINDING STONE is magical in so many ways. My Djinn asks for my third wish? The sequel, of course!"
     -- Nancy Holder, NYT Bestselling Author, THE WOLF SPRINGS CHRONICLES 

"Genies like you've never seen them, THE BINDING STONE is a wild ride of treachery and deception. For my first wish, I'd like a sequel, please." 
     -- Lisa Desrochers, author of the PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy


I am taking the Holidays off of Author Spotlights. But keep coming by as I will be posting reviews, talking goals, and hopefully sharing some exciting news!


  1. Fun interview. Loved Lisa's answer about Libby Bray. Glad you're on the mend, Christine. Happy Holidays!

  2. Thanks for spotlighting me, Christine! Sorry about the yuck. :( And thanks for commenting, Natalie!


Thanks for your input!