Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Author Spotlight: Ednah Walters

Time for more Author Spotlights! Today, I bring you Ednah Walters! I've had so much fun getting to know Ednah and her books over the past year. She is something special, as I am certain you will agree.  

Here is a little bit about her most recent release, Grimnirs (a Runes Book)

"Torin St. James better step up his game because Echo's in town and just took the spotlight! Hot, beautiful,and cocky is not all you'll get after meeting Echo! He's up for a challenge and set on stealing the Runes series title “Best Book Crush!”" ~ Julia Hendrix @ As You Wish Reviews 

Straight out of the psych ward, Cora just wants her life to be normal. She doesn’t want to see souls or the reapers collecting them. The guy she’s loved from a distance for years moves away without saying goodbye. So yes, she’s nursing a serious heartbreak. It’s no wonder love is the last thing on her mind when Echo storms into her life. 

The chemistry between them is mind-blowing.The connection defies logic. Even better, the souls leave her alone when he is around. 

Too bad Echo is the poster boy for everything she hates in a guy—hot, beautiful,and cocky. He is also a soul reaper. A Grimnir. 
The very beings she wants out of her life. Maybe normal is overrated because Cora wants it all. Answers. Love. A life. 

WARNING: This book contains some swearing, violence and mild makeout scenes: Suitable for ages 17 and up

My favorite part of the Author Spotlights are the wacky Q&A I make them do! Here are Ednah's fabulous answers to these December-inspired questions:
  • Your main villain has decided to take over traditional Christmas traditions. Tell me what he/she does to make the holiday different (think Nightmare Before Christmas)  - My name is Maliina. How dare Ednah claim I am a villain? I am a Norn, one of the most powerful beings in all the realms. We, Norns, decide the fates of Mortals, Immortals, and gods.  While our sisters in Asgard protect humans, we make them suffer. You know what they say about adversity. It creates character. We help separates the heroes from the unheroic, the strong from the weak, the warriors and fighters from the victims.
    To show you what I’m capable of, I’ll tell you what I plan to give you for Christmas. It’s not white or merry. Hehehe. I plan to sit back and watch you with glee.
    I’ve noticed all the shiny decorations and trees, the happy faces, the senseless singing and shopping. They annoy me. I didn’t like Christmas when I was a Mortal and I don’t like it now.
    The night before Christmas, I will cause an avalanche. Let me change that. I will cause the mother of all avalanches and cut off your electricity, so no more Christmas lights and cheery songs. And you folks in sunny Florida should expect a hurricane. Not only are you going to be powerless, the flooding will force you to either flee or sleep inside some dingy school building with a bunch of strangers for weeks. You west coast people won’t be lucky either. The earthquakes you’ve been experiencing are nothing compared to what’s coming your way.
    Oh yes, this is the year “natural disasters” will hit you merry people hard and at the same time. Don’t worry, after the holidays, you’ll be so happy to be alive you won’t have time to think about how crappy your Christmas was. You are going to be busy fixing your homes, counties, and cities this holiday.
    Why am I doing this you ask? Because I can. Because this is what I do. Norns like me cause disasters and every misfortune that befalls Mortals.
    Unless of course some of my do-gooder-sisters decide to thwart my plans by reversing everything I do and making you forget. It’s happened before. So I have to be fast and sneaky. I’ll even take the appearance of your beloved Santa Clause. Yeah, we Norns can change our appearances too. So have a Not-so-merry Christmas and a happy New Year. 
  • You are giving a present to your all-time favorite author. What is it and why did you choose it? - My all-time favorite author is Cassandra Clare. I’d fashion a bracelet and use charms in the shape of runes from The Mortal Instrument series. It was her TMI series that caused me to research runes and their meanings. The more I read the more I was intrigued. Before I knew it, I was writing my first book based on Norse mythology.  I even gave it the title Runes.
  • If you could achieving absolutely anything in 2014, what would it be? - I would like to attend one writers’ or readers’ conference, preferably after releasing a book in both the Guardian Legacy series and Runes series. Oh, and I want to write a GM book, early chapter book for grades K-5th.
Another fabulous spotlight! THANK YOU EDNAH.

And for all of you, go pick up your copy of GRIMNIRS today - At Amazon and other fine retailers!

Be sure to join me next week, when I spotlight Lisa Gail Green before taking a few weeks off for the Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!