Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Author Spotlight: Tracy Banghart and BY BLOOD


Time for more Author Spotlights! Today, I bring you Tracy Banghart. I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing her lastest book BY BLOOD a few weeks ago. She is an amazing author and someone on my list of people I'd really LOVE to meet one day. 


Before I introduce Tracy's books, here is a little about Tracy:
Tracy E. Banghart is a cheesy movie–loving, fantasy football–playing (go Ravens!), globe-trotting Army wife who began “practicing” her craft at the age of five, when she wrote her first story. She loves visiting the international friends she met while pursuing her MA in Publishing and spends a portion of every summer at her family’s cabin in Canada, where she finds inspiration and lots of time to relax on the dock. She lives with her husband, son, two lazy dogs and one ornery cat. When not writing or spending time with her family, she is on a mission to bake the perfect cupcake.


Tracy is the author of Moon Child and the forthcoming Shattered Veil (Feb 2014), the first book in an NA scifi trilogy.

 My favorite part of the Author Spotlights are the wacky Q&A I make them do! Here are Tracy's questions and answers:
  • Does your main character celebrate Thanksgiving? What is the menu for his/her celebration? 
Emma does celebrate Thanksgiving! Usually she spends Thanksgiving with her estranged mom, but this year she’s looking forward to spending it with her dad. They’ll have her dad’s “beer can chicken” cuz a turkey would be too much just for the two of them, cranberry jelly out of the can, probably some store-bought mashed potatoes and green beans. Neither Emma or her dad cook that much. Probably Emma’s friend Helen will invite them over for dessert…her mom is an awesome cook and makes a million different kinds of cookies and pies for the holidays.

  • What three things are you most thankful for, besides your family or faith?

My health (cheesy, but so true), our new house and neighborhood, and the fact that my husband, who’s in the Army, has had two-plus years on US soil and is not currently scheduled for a deployment. (You said besides family, so I didn’t include my 1-yr old son, for whom I thank my lucky stars every single day. ;-))

  • If you could go anywhere in this world or any other world, where would you travel to for the holidays?
I would love to visit friends in England and Italy. As an Army wife, we move around a lot, and I find I get homesick for my friends more than any specific place. And I haven’t seen my friends in England and Italy in AGES. ::waves to Michelle and Heloise:: Miss you guys!
See why I love these so much???!!!

And now, a little more about BY BLOOD: 
For 17-year-old Emma Wong, spending a summer in England should be a dream come true. Gorgeous scenery? Check. Lots of hot guys with accents? Yes, please.

Throw in an estranged mom, annoying new stepdad, and drooling baby half-brother, and it's a disaster even her favorite cherry red leather jacket can't fix. Even worse, there's (hot) live-in research assistant Josh to contend with. The only thing more embarrassing than drunk-kissing him hours after they meet? Knowing he'll be witness to her family's dysfunction all. summer. long.

But when Emma meets a mysterious girl who happens to be a Druid, her vacation suddenly promises to be far more intriguing than she anticipated. Powerful rituals, new friends, an intoxicating sense of freedom...and Simon, the sexy foreign stranger she was hoping for. It's all a perfect distraction from dirty diapers and awkward family dinners.

Trouble is, intriguing doesn't often mean simple. And Emma is about to discover just how not simple her life really is.


“BY BLOOD is an intriguing, emotionally-rich and exhilarating story full of complex characters and poignant emotional struggles as seen through the eyes of a frank, self-aware seventeen-year-old.” ~ 5 stars, Indie Reader

You can read my review of BY BLOOD here.

Be sure to join me next week, when I spotlight the author of The Obsidian Pebble, Rhys A Jones

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog, Christine! You're ALSO on my list of authors I want to meet IRL. We need to make this happen!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!