Monday, October 28, 2013

Preparing for NaNo with a Break!

Hi everyone! Happy last week of October. I can't believe we've only a couple more months of 2013. Bizarre!

I am taking this week off in preparation for NaNo and a couple of other exciting things. But before I go, I wanted to let you know about two exciting things:

1) I was honored with the Special Achievement Award from the Surrey International Writer's Conference on October 25, 2013. Although I was not there to receive the honor (tied up at the day job and unable to get myself free), I received happy surprise messages throughout the interwebz that made me smile ALL DAY! THANK YOU for that, so very much.

2) I am participating in an ultra-cool project started by the ISFoundation, called the [U] Factor pilot event. Focusing on talent development in youth, this project is amazing in more ways than I can express. I am fortunate enough to be sharing a stage with three amazing individuals - Kim Klinger, the CEO and Co-Founder of the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, Riley Ennis, Darthmouth student, entrepreneur, founder of Immudicon, and 2013 Thiel Fellowship winner, and Maya Penn, youth entrepreneur who started her own eco-friendly company at the tender age of 8 - yes that's right 8. I'm not sure how I became lucky enough to share a stage with these amazing people, but you know I will be working my tail off to make sure I can help make this event an amazing success.

I will be spending this week prepping for the conference and prepping for NaNo - because yes, I am working on TWO new exciting projects - one fiction, and one nonfiction. You didn't think I'd take a break, did you???


Enjoy the week and I'll see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on that award. That had to be a thrill. And here's to NA NO. Good luck.


Thanks for your input!