Skip to main content

Bookanista Review - 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil


Time for another Bookanista review. Today, I am bringing you my thoughts on Gretchen McNeil's latest, 3:59. But first - check out what everyone else is doing:  

And now - my thoughts on 3:59 by GRETCHEN McNEIL:

About the book:
3:59 (Balzer & Bray) - Sept 17, 2013
Summary (from Amazon):
From Possess and Ten author Gretchen McNeil comes a deliciously eerie science-fiction horror story in the tradition of Lisa McMann's Wake trilogy and the movie Sliding Doors.
Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. And just when she thinks it can't get worse, she wakes to an image of herself in the bedroom mirror. Except it's not her at all—the girl in the mirror is blonder and prettier. And her name is Jo.
The two girls are doppelgängers whose universes overlap every twelve hours at 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to pass through the portal and switch places for a day.
But Jo's world is far from perfect, and the stuff of nightmares lurks around every corner. And when Josie finds herself trapped there, her life becomes more dangerous—and more deadly—than she ever imagined.

Why I liked it: 
I love Gretchen's scary, spine tingling reads - and this is no exception! It is appropriately researched (something I appreciate with science fiction particularly) and is just AMAZING. Once again, McNeil delivers vivid characters that are real and a story that's pure entertainment. It reals fresh and is guaranteed to give you a few goosebumps! Definitely a MUST READ!!!

What are you guys reading these days? 

    Comments

    1. Well, this does look amazing
      Great, short review
      Your reader,
      Soma
      http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. I just started this a couple days ago! I am really enjoying it so far.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!

    Popular posts from this blog

    It's Release Day!

    Wow! This post was a long time coming. My 6th novel (and 17th book), OUTBREAK, book #2 in the Solomon Experiments, is officially out day.

    This is a special release for me. I had struggled to find my fiction mojo after my last book. Related to what was going on in my personal life and some residual feelings about my mother's death, it took me nearly 2 years to reconnect with my inner artist. The struggle was worth it, though, as I figured out some things about myself as an artist that I needed.

    Now, I hope all of you will enjoy the book as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

    OUTBREAK is the continuing story of Dakota, an 18 year old girl wrestling with her new awareness of abilities that make her the target of a black ops group. Here is a little more about the story:


    Dakota never thought she’d crave her old life in Boresville. Not until the Creator’s assassins came and took everything, everyone, she cared about—all except for David. He’s the only thing she has left, and he wants he…

    Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

    Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

    In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

    In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

    I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

    Crossroads Tour Day #5

    Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

    As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

    For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

    Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

    Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!