Skip to main content

Preparing for the Series End: An Excerpt from Libera Me

As we edge closer to the weekend and the release (FINALLY) of Libera Me, I wanted to share another excerpt with all of you, this time from Libera Me.

I shared one scene yesterday on Facebook - one with Aydan (now mortal) in High School being confronted with...demons...the devil...you decide.

This scene brings us back to the love affair between Nesy and Aydan. Aydan is hoping the girl, Nessa,  he found in this mortal life, the one that has given him a reason to live again, is Nesy reincarnated. But, there is a chance that she is something else entirely - a demonic presence meant to destroy him. 
In this scene, Nessa, having been scared - terrified - by the presence of angels and demons - has returned to Aydan seeking comfort:


The walls shake as the pounding on my door continues. “Coming,” I yell. “Coming.”  I open the door, startled. Nessa stands in front of me, her eyes half crazed. She looks like she did at the gym—lost in some distant memory.

“Nessa?”

She throws her arms around my neck and pulls me to her. Our lips meet as she melts into me. I inhale her anguish, her pain, her fear. For a moment I feel the familiar craving I refuse to acknowledge. I push against her, forcing her to stop.

“Nessa,” I growl, barely able to control myself. “What happened?”

“Nothing,” she whispers through a ragged breath. “I need you.” Her lips meet mine again, riddled with desperation. I want to lose myself in her, lose myself in this moment.

“No.” The words scrape along my throat. I pull myself away from her. “We can’t. Not like this.”

She stares at me, blinking. Her eyes cloud over and she turns, heading back out of the door.

“Nessa, wait.” I grab her arm. “I didn’t say you had to leave. Stay.” She stops moving. The air crackles between us.

I feel her take a heavy breath.

And another.

Everything seems to move in slow motion as she turns and looks at me. In that brief moment, I see Nesy in her eyes, the blue oceans pushing deep into my soul. My body quivers. She collapses any space between us. Her eyes close and our lips softly brush. A moan escapes me before I can stop it. Again she teases my lips with hers.

It feels so familiar. Images spring to life against my eyelids. Another time with my love, another place.

A church and courtyard.

A fountain and statue.

Promises of a life together, admission of a love that should never have been.

I can’t hold myself back any longer. I need her touch, her kiss.

          I always have.


I press my lips hard against hers, tasting her desire and confusion. Her love. At once I’m in two places, two worlds, two lives. 

For more from Libera Me, you can check out the book on Amazon or check out my BOOK page for more information!


Friday I will share a special snippet from DOMINUS in preparation for the release. Wow - I can't believe the time is nearly here!!!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

    Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

    In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

    In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

    I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

    Crossroads Tour Day #5

    Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

    As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

    For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

    Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

    Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!

    It's Release Day!

    Wow! This post was a long time coming. My 6th novel (and 17th book), OUTBREAK, book #2 in the Solomon Experiments, is officially out day.

    This is a special release for me. I had struggled to find my fiction mojo after my last book. Related to what was going on in my personal life and some residual feelings about my mother's death, it took me nearly 2 years to reconnect with my inner artist. The struggle was worth it, though, as I figured out some things about myself as an artist that I needed.

    Now, I hope all of you will enjoy the book as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

    OUTBREAK is the continuing story of Dakota, an 18 year old girl wrestling with her new awareness of abilities that make her the target of a black ops group. Here is a little more about the story:


    Dakota never thought she’d crave her old life in Boresville. Not until the Creator’s assassins came and took everything, everyone, she cared about—all except for David. He’s the only thing she has left, and he wants he…