Skip to main content

Preparing For Requiem's End With An Excerpt From LACRIMOSA


I can't believe the Requiem Series is coming to an end. Part of me is ready to move on, as too many ideas nip and my toes. Another part will be very sad to see Aydan and Nesy go. As I get ready to celebrate Dominus's release in a week or so, I want to share excerpts from the series (as well as get you ready for some special things coming...)

Today, I am sharing an excerpt from Lacrimosa. In this scene, our heroine, Nesy, is wrestling with her task of killing her beloved Aydan, and her need to protect him:

I stare at the statue, so perfect in its details—the Sword of Truth grasped firmly in Mikayel’s hands, the strong muscles of his shoulders as he battles, and the broad expanse of his wings. Carved images of the planets, scientists and animals wrap themselves around the base of the angel. A perfect union of Celestium and humanity.
And a reminder.           
My oath to the Council pounds through my thoughts. My obligation to protect. My role in the forever battle against evil. My duty to resist temptation. Resist the Dark One.
And my job to vanquish Aydan.
A pang of deep longing ripples through me. I’m torn between my promise to send Aydan to the Abyss and my need to keep him safe. The opposing forces fragment what remains of my mind, breaking me down once again.
I close my eyes and center my thoughts. Let go of him. Let go of that life. I picture my life as a Sentinal—the training, the commitment to live a life detached, the oath to serve. It’s everything I am. Everything I’ve wanted.
Until now.
Now there’s Aydan.
Black, spiked hair. Smooth, pale skin. His image floods my thoughts, looking exactly the way he did that first night. Same black jeans, same leather jacket.
I draw a ragged breath and let the fantasy unfold. The musky pine scent of his skin. The feel of him next to me. The sound of his voice as it resonates through me.
In the recesses of my thoughts, Aydan wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close. His other arm drapes across my chest and in my dream, I am forever safe. 

For more from Lacrimosa, you can check out the book on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Lacrimosa-Requiem-Series-ebook/dp/B00DRPHHVK/ref=tmm_kin_title_0


For more fabulous book info and reviews, check out what the Bookanistas are up to today. Happy reading!

    Comments

    1. It's sad to say goodbye to a series, isn't it? I'm working on final edits for the last book in the Touch of Death trilogy and it's tough knowing that this is the end.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ever try to automate your free satoshi claims by using a BTC FAUCET ROTATOR?

      ReplyDelete
    3. If you are trying to buy bitcoins online, Paxful is the #1 source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of different payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Card and they even allow exchanging your gift cards for bitcoins.

      ReplyDelete
    4. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

      After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

      You can press CLAIM as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

      The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!

    Popular posts from this blog

    It's Release Day!

    Wow! This post was a long time coming. My 6th novel (and 17th book), OUTBREAK, book #2 in the Solomon Experiments, is officially out day.

    This is a special release for me. I had struggled to find my fiction mojo after my last book. Related to what was going on in my personal life and some residual feelings about my mother's death, it took me nearly 2 years to reconnect with my inner artist. The struggle was worth it, though, as I figured out some things about myself as an artist that I needed.

    Now, I hope all of you will enjoy the book as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

    OUTBREAK is the continuing story of Dakota, an 18 year old girl wrestling with her new awareness of abilities that make her the target of a black ops group. Here is a little more about the story:


    Dakota never thought she’d crave her old life in Boresville. Not until the Creator’s assassins came and took everything, everyone, she cared about—all except for David. He’s the only thing she has left, and he wants he…

    Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

    Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

    In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

    In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

    I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

    Crossroads Tour Day #5

    Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

    As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

    For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

    Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

    Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!