Skip to main content

In Search of a Partner (and other news).

Many of my frequent readers of this blog know that I will be querying my next novel, hoping to find an agent to partner with as I work to sell my next work. With Dominus coming out in a week or so, and Quiet Kids releasing in two weeks, and nothing else committed it is the perfect time for me to start down a new road. Some of you have asked my why I wanted to find an agent. I mean, clearly I can both publish my own work, as I have with my novels recently, or sell my books to a small publisher on my own, as I have with my recent nonfiction.
The truth is, I want a partner. This is a tough industry. And although it is a great time to be an author, with all of the options and opportunities available right now, I still believe an agent would be an asset to me in reaching my larger publication goals.
Am I nervous about jumping into the query waters again, several of you have asked. YES, of course I am. But I truly believe that there is a partner out there for me, and agent that I can work collaboratively with, someone who will "get" my vision and my work and want to partner with me to reach my lofty goals.
And if I'm wrong, if I can't find the right agent for me, the good news is I can still pursue it alone, no harm no foul!
Yep, it is a great time to be an author!

And in other news, I just received my FIRST Publisher's weekly review ever, of Quiet Kids, my latest nonfiction releasing 10/1/2013:
"Extremely useful for educators and parents, this thoughtful text emphasizes the many gifts of quiet kids."

SWEET!!!

Comments

  1. You've got lots going on in your writer life. I wish you all the best in your pursuit of a partner to help navigate things in this wide ocean of publishing. Sometimes, two heads really can be better than one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am actually pretty freakin' excited this time around. ":D

      Delete
  2. Yay for PW - a great review, Christine, Congrats!

    I'm *still* waiting for my first PW review. Weird, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much hun! And I have to say - I am SHOCKED to hear you don't yet have one...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

Crossroads Tour Day #5

Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!

Day #4 of the Crossroads Tour

Welcome to Day #4 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the first post.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

For today's entry, check out my Q&A at JESSICA BAYLISS and answer this question:

What horror movie scared the heck out of me?
Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!