Friday, September 6, 2013

Bringing Back Fiction Friday and a Plea To You Writers...

Happy Friday! Why is it that after a Monday holiday the week truly can't end fast enough. LOL! Anyway, here we are at the end of my week-long roll out of the new look, the new focus, and the new blog schedule.


Friday's are all about fiction. And what better way, then practicing writing skills with a little Friday Fiction challenge. Here's how it will work - I will post a story idea today. Next week, I will post my Friday Fiction entry based on that theme. If you want to join in, you can - just sign leave a comment to let me know, or link back to this post. At the end of each Friday Fiction entry I will post next week's topic. These can be story starters, images or other pieces of inspiration.



For the first Friday Fiction, I thought I'd use one of my favorite exercises I use to explore emotions. Use the following emotions chart and pick ONE emotion as the focus of your Friday Fiction piece. That's it. Easy, right???

Now, the rules:

1) Sit down and write for a minimum of 15 minutes on the weekly topic.

2) NO EDITING allowed - this is a creative free-for-all, strictly editor-free. Consider it a lesson in letting go!

3) It would be great if we could visit each other's pieces and show some love - and remember, this is not about critiquing. Only cheering. It's an exercise - a way to get in touch with other aspects of the artist within and bring that to the writing.

Okay, now the scary part - I am hoping there will be more than just me participating in this. So please, join me...yes??? Leave me a comment and let me know if you're "in"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!