Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bookanista Review: This Is W.A.R. by Lisa and Laura Roecker


It's Bookanista Thursday and you know that that means....review time! This week I am talking about THIS IS W.A.R, the latest by Lisa and Laura Roecker. Now, you already know I am a huge Roecker fangirl, but this book....this is AMAZING!!! But more on that in a moment. First, here are the other Bookanista reviews:
On to my Bookanista Review of THIS IS W.A.R. by Lisa and Laura Roecker


Release Date: 07/02/2013


Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
This is not a story of forgiveness...
The mystery of their best friend's murder drives four girls to destroy the Gregory family. Emily Thorne would be proud.
Everyone at Hawthorne Lake Country Club saw Willa Ames-Rowan climb into a boat with James Gregory, the Club’s heir apparent.

And everyone at Hawthorne Lake Country Club watched him return. Alone.

They all know he killed her. But none of them will say a word. The Gregory family is very, very good at making problems go away.

Enter the W.A.R.—the war to avenge Willa Ames-Rowan. Four girls. Four very different motives for justice and revenge, and only one rule: destroy the Gregory family at any cost.

Why I liked it: 

As I mentioned previously, I am a die hard Roecker fan. The Liar Society series has been excellent so I went into THIS IS W.A.R with very high expectations. And I wasn't disappointed in the least. In fact, I must admit that this book is my favorite by the Roecker sisters to date.

The book is basically a mystery presented with such compelling writing that you are sucked in from the first sentence. There are twists and turns to keep you guessing, dark raw emotion to keep you intrigued and just enough humor, at just the right times, to keep you reading.

Definitely a MUST READ and probably my fav YA book this year.


What are you guys reading these days? 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!