Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bookanista Review: Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr


It's Bookanista Thursday and time for a new review. Today, I am thrilled to be talking about DARKEST MERCY by Melissa Marr. I know, I know - the book isn't a new release, but man, I LOVE Melissa Marr! 

More on that in a moment. First, let's see what the rest of the Bookanistas are up to:
On to my Bookanista Review of DARKEST MERCY by Melissa Marr:

Release Date: 02/22/2011


Basic Blurb: (from Goodreads)
Send the messengers for the Faery Courts. This is the end. 

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win...and some will lose everything.

The thrilling conclusion to Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless.
Why I liked it: 
I have loved this series for the first word of the first book. This fabulous final book is no exception. Everything from the setting, to the characters, to the plot more than met my expectations in this wonderful conclusion to what I consider one of the best series of the last five years. And yes, I am pretty much a fangirl for Melissa overall - she is just a suburb writer who understands what it means to craft a story! If you haven't read her stories of the Fae, please run to your nearest bookstore and start. These are fabulous.


What are you guys reading these days? 

Oh! And in different news, I am revealing some exciting news and a new look over the weekend. Stay tuned...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input!