Friday, July 26, 2013

Wherein I sing Happy Birthday and drive more than 5000 miles!

Happy Friday Everyone! Today is my beautiful Teen's birthday - so before I can do/say/write anything else, I MUST wish her the very best of birthdays. This one is particularly impacting to me - the LAST birthday of her HS career, my teen is driving, preparing for college and standing on the threshold of adulthood! It is a strange place for me, indeed.

We are having a very small celebration for her birthday this year - just a bunch of her family and friends enjoying Wreck It Ralph at our community movies-at-the-park Friday. Fun, low key and perfect given our epic road trip starting on Sat...

Which leads to the next part of the conversation. As I am on the road (literally! Just check out the picture above - we are literally driving across country and back) for the next 2 weeks, and starting school immediately after that, the blog is going dark until 8/11. At that time, I am revealing a new blogging schedule, a new look (part of which you can see here already), and other exciting news.

The summer has been amazing. But I still have SO MANY MORE things to do before settling into the school year in August. I guess I'd better follow ever-amazing Ali Cross's advice and go all #writingninja style when I return!

See you on the flip side. And be sure to check out my FB page and my author page for fab pictures of the trip...

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to her! And safe trip! Can't wait to see you!


Thanks for your input!