Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blog Chain: Summer is for...

Welcome to another installment of the Blog Chain. There was a little mix up with this round's topic, so I took it upon myself to just come up with one...

How do you spend your summer? Catching up on writing projects, taking time off of writing? Getting inspired? Inquiring minds want to know.

First, let me say that I love summer. Not only do I get a large hunk of time to regroup and rebalance, but my family all has the time off too. From mid/late June through early August, we relax and play. And usually this includes getting caught up with our reading and other hobbies that seem to fall by the wayside during the busyness of the school year.

This summer I have finished three books, with about four more I'd like to get through. I have also managed to repaint the house, reorganize the garage and start eating healthy again (more or less!).

But this question was specifically about writing. I use summer to revitalize my writing endeavors, my creative side. This is particularly true this year, coming off a period of time that drained me. So, I have been revamping my brand, re-launching my fiction, and writing. And yes, I will be doing a little traveling too - not only for the time with family, but for the inspiration I know will follow.

I love summer!

What about you? How do you use your summers? For more on this topic, check out Katrina's post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thanks for your input!