It's Bookanista Thursday and time for a new review. Today, I am thrilled to be talking about ABANDON, fellow Bookanista Elana Johnson's exciting conclusion to the POSSESSION series. I was fortunate enough to read both POSSESSION and SURRENDER in early forms, watching the story expand and grow with each revision. It was such a treat. With ABANDON, I waited until the book was released to finally be able to see how everything ended up. It was a long and hard wait, but I certainly was not disappointed.
More on that in a moment. First, let's see what the rest of the Bookanistas are up to:
- Nikki Katz is delighted by CHARM AND STRANGE by Stephanie Kuehn
- Stasia Ward Kehoe meanders into adult fiction to ponder LIFE OF PI by Yann Martel
- Jessica Love has cheers for CHALKLINE by Jane Mitchell
- Gretchen McNeil sings out for SECOND VERSE by Jennifer Walkup
- Shari Arnold adores ALSO KNOWN AS (AKA) by Robin Benway
- Tracy Banghart delves into TOUCHING THE SURFACE by Kimberly Sabatini
- Christine Fonseca is held captive by ABANDON by Elana Johnson
- Katy Upperman shines a light on THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE by Jennifer E. Smith
The fight for independent thought becomes a matter of life or death in this sizzling and intense conclusion to the Possession trilogy.Why I liked it:
Vi has made her choice between Jag and Zenn, and the resistance may have suffered for it. But with the Thinkers as strong as ever, the rebels still have a job to do. Vi knows better than anyone that there’s more at stake than a few broken hearts.
But there is a traitor among them…and the choices he makes could lead to the total destruction of everything Vi has fought for.
Vi, Jag, and Zenn must set their problems aside for the resistance to have any hope of ending the Thinkers’ reign. Their success means everything…and their failure means death.
I have loved the POSSESSION series since the first version of the first book. And ABANDON was the perfect end to the series. Unlike other series-I-dare-not-name-outloud, ABANDON did not shrink away from the action I KNEW had to happen. I mean, seriously - there was obviously going to be an epic battle. Every now and then authors shrink away from that battle, not wanting to kill important characters or get too messy. Elana did this story justice, and followed the story to its authentic end. I LOVED that so much. The series was tied up, the questions answered, and I closed the last page satisfied and already missing these characters I have grown to love.
A FABULOUS read and a fabulous series!
What are you guys reading these days?
I am taking a couple of weeks off of reviews as I go on vacation. See you all when I return!