Friday, June 7, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes....

change

  [cheynj]  Show IPA verb, changed, chang·ing, noun
verb (used with object)
1.
to make the form, naturecontent, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is orfrom what it would be if left alone: to change one's nameto change one's opinion; to change the courseof history.
2.
to transform or convert (usually followed by into  ): The witch changed the prince into a toad.
3.
to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: Shechanged her shoes when she got home from the office.
4.
to give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.
5.
to transfer from one (conveyance) to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago.

Yesterday, I woke-up as I always do. I rolled over, clicked on my phone, checked out my social media sites, and read my email. Just like always.
Until....
I read an email I knew would change things up in my life.
It wasn't a long email. It did represent anything overly good, or overly bad. But it was going to mean change. Big change, actually. Unexpected change.

My life has been about change so far this year. In Feb, I decided to leave my new job and return to the job I had been doing for years previously. There were a lot of reasons for the decision. And while I am THRILLED with it, as I finish up my current job, it is with a touch of mourning that I move forward.

I made a decision to change directions in my writing career, getting back to writing something new and  seeking the partnership of an agent, at least for my fiction. While that isn't something that has happened yet, that is my future goal.

And then the email - even more change to my fiction world. At first, my heart stopped, as doubt and a fair dose of fear rocked my core. Then, I moved through the feelings and saw the excitement the news brings - a future that is a bit clearer, plans forming as the moments clicked away. By the end of the night, I realized that this change - like the others I have opened myself up to this year, is GOOD!  things!

I can't share the details yet, as they have not been worked out, but there are definite interesting things on the horizon...

How do you handle change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!