Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bookanista Review of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

It's Bookanista Thursday and time for a new review. Today, I am gushing over SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi. I've had it forever on my iPad waiting for me and WOW!!!

But, before I tell you my thoughts, here are the other Bookanista reviews this week

On to my Bookanista Review of SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: 11/15/2011


Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)

"You can't touch me," I whisper.
I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own.
After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


Why I liked it: 
SHATTER ME had been recommended to me by several of my book blogger friends. And WOW what an amazing read. It has the romance and sweeping emotions I love in a story. It is compelling and intense, gripping you into the story from the early pages. Mafi has a true talent for story telling and weaving in the psychological and emotional into a backdrop of action. FABULOUS read!!! I have the next book waiting on my iPad and I can't wait to jump in!!!


What are you guys reading these days? 

    3 comments:

    1. Sounds great! I've heard a lot of good things about this one as well. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. This book was fabulous. I loved it. I did not put it down once I started reading. Really, I think I stayed up until it was done! The second one is almost as good and there are some awesome "ah ha" moments in that book. Enjoy it! And the novella between is really great. Gives you a new perspective on Warner.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have got to read this one, Christine. I've been hearing great things about it for so long that I at the point of being embarrassed that I haven't cracked its cover--especially since the sequel is already out! Ah well, thanks for the push. This summer I'll read it for certain.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your input!