Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Upcoming Writing Projects...


Happy Wednesday All! Time for another Blog Chain round. Kate started today's round with this topic:

Write about your next writing project. What is the genre? Is is one you've written before or is it a new venture? Do you have it all figured out or is it just a germ of an idea? What did you learn from your latest writing project that will make this one even better?

I have three projects currently in the "hopper" - one is the third and final installment in the Requiem series - Dominus. The second is a nonfiction book for the parents of introverted children, tentatively called Parenting Introverts (I know, original, right?!? LOL). And the final project - well it is a new YA psychological thriller not yet under contract, and one I am actually going to pitch to agents and/or publishers.

The first two projects are both under contract - they are genres and projects that I have written in before. That is not to say they aren't challenging - they are. Each in their own way.

With Dominus, the challenge is in ending the series on a strong note. I have the book all figured out, and am close to finishing the first draft. All I can really say about it is that it has the romance of Lacrimosa, the emotional depth of Libera Me and more action than you could ever want! And yes, characters die. Just saying. It is a tough book to write, but one I hope will do the story and the series justice!

With Parenting Introverts, the challenge is in the research. I have been working on the research for a while, and have got it mapped out. But, like anything, it isn't until I really work on the words that I know where my flaws in my research are. Did I mention I am turning the book in soon. HA! Well I am - I am turning both in soon-ish actually.

For my third project, this one is a huge emotional challenge for me. The story is complex and unique, both in terms of the actual story line and the writing. I know it'll be difficult to pull off - very difficult. But I am determined to find a way. This project is also emotional for me as it represents the first completely new, non-contracted thing I have written in fiction in a few years. Lots of risk with this. But I am excited and invigorated by it all!

I wanted to tackle the last part of the topic independent from the others. -

What did you learn from your latest writing project that will make this one even better?

I learn from each and every writing project. I am improving in my use of setting because of feedback on my novellas, I am learning more and more on craft because of my ideas related to writing thrillers, and I learning to add ever more depth to my characters because of feedback on my books as well. So yes, I improve directly related to each and every project, and I am thankful for that!

But enough about me! What about you? What are you guys working on? If you are a reader, what would you LOVE to read - from me or any other author??

For more on this topic, check out Sandra's from yesterday, and Katrina's post tomorrow.

Before you leave, I am over at the Indie-Elite blog talking about how to write a short synopsis - come by and say "hi"


2 comments:

  1. I loved your synopsis how-to at Indie-Elite! DOMINUS sounds intense. I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many amazing projects!! Can't wait to add them all to my collection :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!