Friday, January 18, 2013

Tears, Angst and a Confession

Happy Friday!!! I have to tell you, I am more than a little happy it's Friday. I am just so darn fried this week. And not just because of a very busy week with the day job. But creatively too.

It happens sometimes - you get stuck with your writing. Or overwhelmed with deadlines. Or scared about...something.
And then the angst sets in. And maybe the tears.

Okay, always the tears.

Well, that is the place I am in at the moment.

So, what am I doing about it?

Writing.

Yep, that's right - I am writing in spite of the tears, the fear and the angst. For me, taking action is the only way through it all.

What about you? How do you work through the angst that comes with being creative.

4 comments:

  1. Listening to music just takes me to a world where nothing exists. You know, its like being in an island. A quiet beautiful island. So, I just forget my angst and concentrate on the beats and let myself go numb before I could resurface into reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I do? Surf the internet, lol. But seriously,unless you just start writing something, anything, you'll get nothing done. Sometimes I end up with crap, and sometimes I surprise myself with something good! And sometimes, you should just walk away :)

    Happy Friday, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs))) I'm so sorry that it's all getting to you. Hang in there, you'll be fine, brilliant in fact! And writing through the tough times adds spice to the writing. At least it always does for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sound like that broken record everyone knows about, but, when I'm in a slump, I take a hike. My family loves it when they can tell me, "Go take a hike!"

    Hope things turn around for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!