Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happiness is a Journey...

So, I was out shopping last night, enjoying a little time to myself as I picked up a couple of things for some very important people in my life. As I was out and about, I checked out one of my fav things - Quotable Magnets (I am seriously addicted to these things!). I searched and found the perfect quotes for a few of the people on my list, and picked them up...

This one was so perfect I have to share it:

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no "way" to happiness. Happiness IS the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. - Souza

As I said yesterday, I have really been focusing on my perspective of things, and this quote was just very appropriate for me. I have been guilty of "waiting" for something in order to be/do/have whatever. That is a ridiculous notion. So for the past month, I have changed my thinking around and concentrated on enjoying the moment more. And yes, accepting that my happiness relates to the journey. Not the destination!

Have you found any quotes that really speak to you? 


  1. I went through this same thing this past summer, taking July and August off to concentrate on retraining my way of thinking and seeing the world around me. I needed to learn to react differently instead of my expected way. I'm still working on it, but living in the here and 'right' now is much more fulfilling. Lovely quote.

    1. Yes! Congrats on your work on this. I am definitely a "work in progress" on all of this, but loving the impact thus far...

  2. I have one on my fridge that says, "Just do it." That's often all I need to get back to a job!


Thanks for your input!