Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank you my friends....

I was feeling very nestalgic yesterday as I was working on the final installment for the Requiem series, thinking about my friendships that have changed and left over the past year. See, I have been through a lot of change this year. Nothing bad...just change. And it has thrown me off my game a bit. I don't make close friends easily. So when I do, they are very precious to me. And when then change, I don't always adjust well - or gracefully. As I was thinking and musing about this, the Glee version of one of my favorite songs from Wicked came on - For Good.

WOW! The words were so profound and matched exactly what I was thinking. Just check out these lyrics: ( from metro lyrics - WICKED - FOR GOOD LYRICS) 


(Elphaba):I'm limitedJust look at me - I'm limitedAnd just look at youYou can do all I couldn't do, GlindaSo now it's up to youFor both of us - now it's up to you... 
(Glinda):I've heard it saidThat people come into our lives for a reasonBringing something we must learnAnd we are ledTo those who help us most to growIf we let themAnd we help them in returnWell, I don't know if I believe that's trueBut I know I'm who I am todayBecause I knew you...Like a comet pulled from orbitAs it passes a sunLike a stream that meets a boulderHalfway through the woodWho can say if I've been changed for the better?But because I knew youI have been changed for good
(Elphaba):It well may beThat we will never meet againIn this lifetimeSo let me say before we partSo much of meIs made from what I learned from youYou'll be with meLike a handprint on my heartAnd now whatever way our stories endI know you have re-written mineBy being my friend...Like a ship blown from its mooringBy a wind off the seaLike a seed dropped by a skybirdIn a distant woodWho can say if I've been changed for the better?But because I knew you
(Glinda):Because I knew you(Both):I have been changed for good
(Elphaba):And just to clear the airI ask forgivenessFor the things I've done you blame me for
(Glinda):But then, I guess we knowThere's blame to share
(Both):And none of it seems to matter anymore
(Glinda):Like a comet pulled from orbitAs it passes a sunLike a stream that meets a boulderHalfway through the wood
(Elphaba):Like a ship blown from its mooringBy a wind off the seaLike a seed dropped by a bird in the wood
(Both):Who can say if I've beenChanged for the better?I do believe I have beenChanged for the better
(Glinda):And because I knew you...
(Elphaba):Because I knew you...
(Both):Because I knew you...I have been changed for good...
So, THANK YOU to my friends near and far, close and distance, present and past...You have all had such an important impact on my life. 
((and here is the music, in case you don't know the song...)

3 comments:

  1. Changes and loss are hard in life. I know. I've had some too. I hope yours isn't too painful. But there's been lots of good changes in your life too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is hard but necessary. People grow and learn (for the better or worse). We leave old behind, bring in the new. It's all a way to move us forward and upward. Everything happens for a reason. I know in this last year I have had so many new people come into my life that I never knew existed. People that have made me a better person, changed my outlook on things and made me think about who I really am (through emails, posts, blog posts, Facebook posts, writing, whatever).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard that song. Very powerful. Change is hard for sure but it brings out the best in us and shows us who our true friends really are. And often introduces new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!