Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gratitude Challenge

Hi all! I have been a bad blogger - ignoring this poor blog all week. I missed a Blog Chain post, forgot to annouce a contest and yea...
Just spaced out. I've been doing that a lot lately; the by-product over a little too much on my plate. As it has been all year.
One thing I have not lost sight of is my yearly tradition of using November to cultivate gratitude in many forms. It has been a great experience for me as I clean up some of my "stuff", work on my own gratitude and share a sense of Thanksgiving with others...
Which leads me to this post.
I decided to up-the-ante in my own practice of gratitude, including more than my daily journalling, meditation practices and facebook posts. I have decided to take a few moments between now and Thanksgiving next week to individually thank everyone in my contact list. That's write, I am emailing my contacts and reaching out to let them know they are appreciated.
And I am encouraging you to do the same. Remind the people in your life, aquantainaces, friends, business associates, family - remind them all of the meaning they have had in your life. If you harbor grief, release it and focus on the gratitude.
At least, that is what I am doing: Making a conscious decision to live from a place of gratitude. And tell others.
Maya Angelou is quoted as saying "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
I want to be a source of joy for others. Letting people know why you are grateful for them is one step.
What about you? Are you up for it???


  1. What a wonderful idea, I read every post you write and thoroughly enjoy them. Keep up the good work, but don't over commit yourself.

  2. What a great idea. I think I may have to follow in your footsteps.


Thanks for your input!