Monday, June 25, 2012

A Week of Secrets Revealed...


Welcome to a very exciting week filled with secrets, mystery and intrigue. Okay, that may be a little over-dramatic, but you get the point.

I am using this week to reveal secrets about me, my upcoming YA psychological thriller, TRANSCEND, and other bookish news...
All culminating with the reveal of the cover for Transcend, by far the BEST cover I have seen yet by CP Designs and Compass Press. I am so dang excited to share it with you!

So, to start things, I thought I'd share a little musical tribute to Webber's Phantom of the Opera, the inspiration behind TRANSCEND. This is a rock version by Nightwish, and captures some of the creeptastic macabre qualities of the story:




Man, I never get tired of the music - the classic and the rock versions! In fact, music has a very special special place in this book. Ien, the main character, is a gifted composer. And Kiera, his beloved - she is a virtuoso violinist. Later this week I'll bring two other videos of the violin music that inspired many scenes in the book.

But today's secret is about me and the writing of this book. This book was originally an exercise is releasing my inner editor, nothing more. Written days and weeks after my mother's death, I was an emotional train wreck. I was incapable of writing anything. Heck, I was pretty much incapable of doing anything other than breathing.

Caught up in the throes of crazy raw emotions, I decided to channel that angst into a series of character studies. I tackled the major emotions of love, anger, revenge, lust, and despair through daily journal entries. It was seriously nothing but word vomit...
How it every became this novel - one that is special to me in ways I can't express, is beyond me. But I am thankful for it.

For those who have come to love the Requiem series, this will be a HUGE departure. Darker and more twisted than that series, this is truly my foray into the macabre.


I can't wait to see what you guys think of it. And another secret - or rather a confession - I am TERRIFIED of what you all will think of it. (breathe in...breathe out. Breathe in...breathe out.)


Okay, enough terrifying confessions for one day...come on back tomorrow to learn a little something about the characters of Transcend and THEIR secrets and fantasies. In the meantime, check out my massive giveaway this week. Enter for a chance to win all sorts of Transcend related sway, including an annotated unbound galley. WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!

Just fill out the form below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway




And don't forget about the Masquerade blogfest happening on Friday. It's not too late to enter. All you have to do is post something about one of your secrets. Easy, peasy. I'll be revealing the cover that day...and maybe a little bit more. Sign up below...


What secrets do you want to share?

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow...you get to meet the boys of Transcend. EEP!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that something positive came out of your mother's death, you must have been going through some intense emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was. I was very close with mom. She would be proud of what came out of it though

      Delete
  3. I am SO excited about this book! Great video BTW, I hadn't heard the rock version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!!! I love this video and version of the song

      Delete
  4. I'm so bloody excited for the reveal!!! Bound to be epic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is AMAZING!!!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to it! Hoping to get my Nook fixed soon!! :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better hurry gurl! The release is in a few short months ;)

      Delete
  6. Cannot wait for all your future books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! That literally makes my day!!!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like this novel was sort of like therapy for you. I love that! And having read it, I know it is truly powerful and comes from a deep place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Not therapy as much as an opportunity to explore the really deep stuff, you know?!? And thank you for your kind words. I really try to get in touch with that deep place - I am glad you felt I accomplished that! I am so excited to get this out into the world

      Delete
  8. I totally look forward to reading something a little darker from you!! I think it's going to be absolutely EPIC <3 You are so awesome and inspiring but you are human (I think) and being nervous is totally part of that. Even if there is a bunch of us that would die to get their hands on Transcend NOW lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really cannot wait to get my hands on this book it will be an amazing and lyrical and poetic read. Totally looking forward to reading a different take and it will be totally EPIC <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!