Thursday, June 28, 2012

Parties, Swag and More - What Will I Reveal Today?


We are almost there - almost ready to reveal the cover of Transcend!

For today, I thought I'd share a little taste of the bookish swag we have put together for this launch. And a little about the party. Because after all, what's a launch without a party, right???

The swag for this launch includes the typical bookmark, magnet, bookish fun. But I also have something very special planned - something that is included in this giveaway, and will be included for those who preorder the book with me, as well as those who buy the book (digital or print) in the first week.

What is it, you ask?

Well, Transcend is definitely a psychological thriller of the classic creptastic type. But, it is also a love story. Ien and Kiera's story. So, I thought it would be great to share with readers the love letters Ien has sent to Kiera throughout the story. While they are referenced in the book, readers only get to actually read one of them...until now. I convinced Ien to share five of his love letters to Kiera with readers. And these are put together in a nice little packet for a fortunate few during the first weeks of the launch.

EEP!!!!

Which brings me to the party fun - I really LOVE phantom. And I REALLY REALLY love this story! So, I am madly putting together a little Masquerade-inspired party together to launch the book. I am not certain of the details yet, but you can expect masks to be involved. Stay tuned for more information.

And for those who don't live near San Diego or OC (I will likely do launch events in both locales), I am planning some EPIC virtual launch activities on Facebook, Twitter, the Blogoverse and Goodreads. This is really gonna be epic!

And now, before I leave you, a reader asked me what violin music inspired the storyline. The first was the theme from Schindler's list. There were many other violin solos which I will talk about as we get closer to September,  but for now I'll leave you with a great version of the solo:



Be sure to come back tomorrow for the big reveal, and keep entering the giveaway for your chance to win the annotated galley, Ien's letters and more!!! Just fill out the form below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway




And don't forget about the Masquerade blogfest happening tomorrow. You can still participate, tweet or post. WOO HOO!!! I love a party! Sign up below...


What secrets do you want to share? Are you as excited as I am?????

12 comments:

  1. EEEEEPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT!!!! How exciting, Christine!!!! I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are excited. You know what...so am I!!!

      Delete
  2. That reader that asked about the inspiration for violin pieces was me-YAY! Thanks for whetting our appetite. I love the Schindlers List theme..
    I SO wish I lived closer to attend the launch party. It should be way fun..we'll have to content ourselves with the virtual festivities surrounding it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it was you!!! I love the music as well. And yes, there will be lots of virtual festivities. WOOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have ANY ANY idea how excited I am?! SERIOUSLY you my dear are trying to kill me... or get me to claw through the lap top to try and get to you lol I can't wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just as excited! Just a few more hours....

      Delete
  5. I'm such a fan of psychological thrillers!!! Definitely. I wish I could join you, but I'll be there virtually :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Christine everything sounds amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on this baby and SEE the cover ;) that's an amazing swag and 5 love letters oh swoon !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!