Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Boys of Transcend Share A Little Too Much...


Here we are at Day 2 of my special week of reveals. Today I'm introducing the boys of Transcend - Ien, James, Erik and Mr. John Montgomery. I asked each one of these characters to share one thing today - a fantasy or secret wish. Now, I will admit, I had to edit their answers a bit, redacting a few things. These guys were just too willing to reveal far too much about the story. Darn blabbermouths! But, hopefully what I left will work:

John Montgomery - He is Ien and Erik's father, and head of one of the most prestigious families in 19th century New York. Determined to maintain his family's status, Mr. Montgomery will do anything - and I mean ANYTHING - to keep the reputations of his boys above repute. When I asked him to share a fantasy, a wish, he chuckled and, well, here was the conversation:
John - "We don't indulge in fantasy in our family."
Me - "But if you did-"
John - "We don't."
Me - "But-"
John - "Okay, fine. If I did indulge in such nonsense, I guess I would wish for a different *************" {I had to redact the rest - it was filled with spoilers!}
Erik Montgomery - Erik is the oldest son to John, and Ien's brother. He was the heir to the family fortune, the family business. Until... {Yep, not spilling that much...}
Erik's answer to the question of his secret wish or fantasy was simple:
I just want to live. Really live. And....{Dang these guys really can't keep secrets}
James Thoburn III - James is Ien's best friend and instigator of all rebellious activities. Born to another prestigious New York family, James understands the pressures of being born into the New York elite. His fantasy, I'm sure you can guess:
I want to live without expectations and rules for as long as I can. And drag Ien along for the ride whenever possible!
Ien Montgomery - Ien is the focus of the book. Second born, he is allowed to persue his passions without the expectations of the family. At least, he was...
Ien's fantasy:
I just want to make music. Beautiful music. With Kiera. Forever. Cliche I know, but it is my only wish. And I will do anything to make it come true! 

So there you have it - the boys of Transcend. Be sure to come back tomorrow to meet the girls, and hear about their fantasies and secret wishes.

In the meantime, be sure to enter the giveaway celebrating the release of Transcend. It is not to be missed!

Just fill out the form below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway




And don't forget about the Masquerade blogfest happening on Friday. It's not too late to enter. All you have to do is post something about one of your secrets. Easy, peasy. I'll be revealing the cover that day...and maybe a little bit more. Sign up below...


What secrets do you want to share? Which of the boys intrigues you the most???

24 comments:

  1. James is the one who sparked the interest for me.
    I don't think I need to say why, am I right!?
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I get the allure. I'll be interested to see what you think by the end of the story....mwahahahaha

      Delete
    2. Ahhh noooooo!!
      he goes bad doesn't he??
      no wait dont tell me!!

      Delete
  2. LOL that's totally hilarious and damn I want to know some of their secrets... I guess I have to wait till I read the book then LOL great little interviews...you must of had a blast hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a total blast! You know my characters are always "real" to me - so things like this can surprise even me! LOL

      Delete
    2. Ooh yes they are and I know that they have a mind of their own ;)

      Delete
  3. Ien and James have me intrigued!! Don't make me choose between them.. Yet :) I think I may die of need by the end of the week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they have you intrigued! That's awesome...and would I ever tempt you with both??? Mwahahahahahahaha

      Delete
  4. You, my friend, are a tease!!!! But that is nothing new! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged! But hey...it adds to the excitement, yes?

      Delete
    2. OF course it does!!!! Can't wait! It's gonna be THE BOMB! (LOL, I know, I'm too old to say that but it fit!)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving these guys!! So sorry I've missed your blogfest. I'm already scheduled for the 29th and then I'm taking some time off from blogging to catch up with family and writing. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! And no worries - enjoy the time. But be sure to come back this week and meet the girls...not to mention check out the cover release on Friday. It is amazing. My publisher outdid themselves this time!

      Delete
  6. They are such a tease!!! But that's a good thing. It really makes sure I'll keep coming back for me. If only to get more of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such great ideas Christine. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just listen to them... They have all of the ideas :D

      Delete
  8. Oh come on...just a tiny spoiler? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the fictional interview with the men of Transcend..just enough to whet our appetites..can't wait to hear what the ladies have to say :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...but wait, these guys are fictional?????

      Delete
  10. Love that you named Ien's brother Erik. I loved Erik in the original Phantom. I can't wait to see your modern twist on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I reread Leroux's Phantom several times when researching the book. The story is historical, but Ien and Erik have a history that is a definite departure from the original story - a fresh take on a familiar tale. Hopefully readers will like it

      Delete

Thanks for your input!