So, here we go:
***REQUIEM SERIES NEWS***
A couple of new developments on the Requiem Series news front:
- MEA CULPA, the next story in the series is due to release on June 11, 2012 - 1 week early. This story is told from Zane's point of view and is a great bridge between LACRIMOSA, and what you will see in LIBERA ME. And have I mentioned that it is FREE? That is right...FREE! I am so excited for all of you to get to know Zane a little better.
- Speaking of which, the second novel in the series, LIBERA ME, has been pushed out to a late October release, sometime on or around 10/30/2012. There is a GREAT reason for pushing this out...which I will talk about a little later in this post. Suffice it to say, the story is turning out great, and it will be worth the wait. The final book releases in early Spring 2013, so the wait between those isn't too bad!
- We've decided to stick with paperbacks for the rest of the series. The hardback for LACRIMOSA will be available until August, when a paperback will be released. This decision is price driven, in an effort to bring the books at a strong price point to readers. Oh, and yes - I have a new cover for the paperback of LACRIMOSA to share:
***OTHER FICTION NEWS***
- I have a story in the upcoming anthology WINTER WONDERS due out in December. The story, ILLUMINATI, details a story of the Seers - breed of humans readers were introduced to in the Requiem Series. Hmm...is this a new series taking shape??? One never knows! The Anthology is packed with fabulous stories by fabulous authors and benefits a fantastic cause - literacy. Add it to your Goodreads list and be on the look out for some fun contests as the launch gets closer
- TRANSCEND is a book near and dear to my heart (aren't they all, though?). AND....it is coming out EARLY. Like this year. September 18, 2012. This is a Phantom of the Opera inspired story that chronicles one young man's journey to find himself after a horrific accident. Originally pitched as BLACK SWAN meets HAMLET, this story is very different from the Requiem Series, and is my first delve into YA psychological thrillers. I am planning an EPIC Masquarade launch party for anyone in the Southern California area, so be on the look out for more info in the upcoming months. And as for the cover...well I have some exciting news about that next month.
***OTHER NONFICTION NEWS***
- I am madly working on REDEFINING NORMAL, hoping to have it ready to turn in early. 6 months early actually. And you know what that means, right??? YES, It "may" just launch earlier than the Fall 2013 planned launch. It's not too late to help out with this project. Just click here and let me know if you'd like more info on how you can help. More info to follow. And I am working on another idea in the nonfiction realm...so more on that in the months to come as well.
- And finally, I am excited to tell you all about a panel event I am participating in in San Diego on June 23 at Mysterious Galaxy. I will be joining Tera Lynn Childs, Laurie Stolarz and others in a fabulous panel covering summer YA reads. I am so excited! And yes, I will be selling the paperback edition of LACRIMOSA - EARLY! So exciting. I hope to see you all there. Click here for more info.
I guess that is all for now. What fabulous news do you have to share? Please, lay it on me and spread your joy around.