Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bookanista Interview with Sandra Almazan



HAPPY THURSDAY everyone! Welcome to another edition of Bookanista Thursday. I am so EXCITED to have Author Sandra Almazan with me today. But before I bring her interview, here's what the rest of the Bookanista's are up to:



Christine Fonseca  interviews author Sandra Almazan
Stasia Ward Kehoe is spellbound by ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD & GIRL OF NIGHTMARES
Jessica Love falls for UNBREAK MY HEART
LiLa Roecker swoons over STORYBOUND
Megan Miranda is giddy for GILT
Debra Driza celebrates STARTERS

And now, my special Bookanista interview with Sandra. I have had the pleasure of getting to know Sandra over the years as blogging buddies - and I am so thrilled to see her successes over the years. Take it away Sandra: 


About the Book:
  • Give me the blurb for the book in 140 characters or less:   A scientist with family issues must travel to another universe and decide if she should clone her great-grandfather, a famous musician.

  • Do you have a fav character and why?  From this book, it would have to be the main character, Joanna. She's a scientist with an attitude.
  • What do you hope readers will get from your book?  I hope they enjoy it, of course, but I also hope they learn to appreciate science and the importance of following your passions.
About the Author:
  • What inspires you?   I can get inspiration from anything--my favorite group (the Beatles), everyday occurances, other stories, even the mail.
  • Hardest aspect of writing? Best?  As a pantser, the hardest part of writing is revising and working with critique. The best part of writing is seeing plotlines coming together at the climax and finishing the story.
  • Who is your writing hero?   Patricia McKillip. I love her poetic style and her ability to write so many unique stories in different worlds.
  • Randomness:
o   Sweet or salty? Sweet!
o   Beach or mountains? Mountains.
o   Online or in person? Online.
o   Ebook or print? Ebook.
 About the Future:
  • What’s next for you?  I'm currently preparing a paper version of Lyon's Legacy, working on the sequel, and finishing the first draft of a fantasy novel.
  • One outrageous goal for the future?  I'd love to own autographs from all four Beatles. 
WOO HOO!!! Thanks Sandra for letting us get to know you better! You can find Sandra online on her blog. Her book, Lyons Legacy, can be found on Amazon.


What's in your TBR pile right now?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat sounding book and concept! I kind of wish someone would clone me sometimes. *looks at pile of half-packed boxes* *sighs*

    Great interview Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I read this post two times.

    I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

    Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

    Source: Lucent interview questions

    Best regards
    Henry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!