Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Bookanista Booyah for TO RIDE A PUCA

I am thrilled to be raving for the latest release by Heather McCorkle, TO RIDE A PUCA. But first, check out what the other Bookanistas are up to:


Christine Fonseca  revels in TO RIDE A PUCA
Stasia Ward Kehoe gushes over GILT
Katy Upperman adores UNDER THE NEVER SKY
Tracy Banghart delights in THE DISENCHANTMENTS
Gennifer Albin  celebrates SHADOW AND BONE
Jessica Love is wowed by YOU’RE THE ONE THAT I WANT
Shelli Johannes-Wells is crazy for CLOCKWISER





On to my Bookanista Shout out for TO RIDE A PUCA by Heather McCorkle:


Release Date: 5/15/2012


Basic Blurb: (from Goodreads)
Invaders are coming to take what isn't theirs, again.

Neala wants to stand and fight for her homeland, but as one of the last druids, she may be standing alone.

Persecuted, hunted down, forced to live in obscurity, the druids have all but given up. Can the determination of a girl who has barely come into her power bring them together? Or, just when she finally finds her place among her kind, will they end up losing a homeland their very magic is tied to?
Why I liked it: 
This is a fabulous YA historical paranormal romance that is as sexy and dark as it is fantastical. Set against the history of the druid clans near the end of its time, this story examines young love, coming of age, and reconciling that which you have learned from your parents vs that which you discover on your own. I enjoyed the characters of the story, as well as the mythology woven intricately throughout the story. And yes, this is definitely a sexy story that stayed with me for days afterwards.

And tell me, what are you reading these days?

    5 comments:

    1. Thank you SO much! I'm deeply touched by how much you enjoyed this. It's special to me and to hear that my first readers are loving it means everything. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I adore Heather and can't wait to read this, especially after your raving review. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. *sniffles* Aw, you are so sweet!

        Delete
    3. I can't wait to read this. Thanks for the great review. My daughter and I have been reading Surrender. It's awesome. But you know that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much! Surrender is on my to-read list and I can hardly wait to get to it!

        Delete

    Thanks for your input!