Thursday, March 22, 2012

Excitement for Michelle Zink's latest - A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS

I am so excited to SCREAM praises for another angel story out this week - one that shares my book birthday...
A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS by the ever-fabulous, Michelle Zink. But first, check out what the other Bookanistas are up to:

Christine Fonseca  is awed by A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS
Stasia Ward Kehoe shares some scoop on DEAR TEEN ME
Debra Driza swoons for SLIDE
Katy Upperman praises PANDEMONIUM
Tracy Banghart thinks SCARLET is spectacular
Gennifer Albin  brings you her Bologna trendwatch
Jessica Love sings for NEVERSINK – with giveaway!
Shelli Johannes-Wells interviews LACRIMOSA author Christine Fonseca 


And don't forget about the blog tour still going on for LACRIMOSA. Today, I am hanging out with fellow Bookanista, Shelli Johannes talking about my editing process with LACRIMOSA. 


On to my Bookanista Shout out for A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS by Michelle Zink.


Release Date: 3/20/2012


Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)

Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal. 
Why I liked it: 


I will admit, I was nervous about reading this book - not because I thought I would not like it, but because I had a feeling I would love it. And maybe, since it was coming out with mine, I would feel...IDK...weird about it. But, you know what, my fears were unfounded. Yes, I LOVED this book! REALLY LOVED IT. In fact, I felt like it was the best one of Zink's books yet. And yes, it is an angel story. And a romance. But that is where the similarities end.
Zink's story is a beautifully crafted historical tale that tackles themes I can really relate to - love, betrayal, temptation. Her writing is stunning and you will find yourself caring about all of the characters within the first few pages. She flawless marries her literary style of writing with the historical aspects of her setting, making this a MUST-READ.

Yes, Michelle Zink has done it again, and hit gold. OH! And check this out the trailer (and the music is by Kenneth Zink AND AMAZING!):



 I am giving away a copy of A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS as part of the epic grand prize giveaway, along with LACRIMOSA and DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE. WOOT!

What are you MOST excited to read these days?

    7 comments:

    Thanks for your input!