Skip to main content

WWO Wednesday: Jumping into Edits

Happy Wednesday. I hope you guys have been accomplishing your goals of late. Me, not so much. I seemed to have hit a wall last week, and have been slow to recover. Fortunately, I got my final edits back on LACRIMOSA and they are not that bad (whew!). So, my focus this week is edits. Nothing but edits. My publisher is including the first chapter as a special preview in a digital book being published next week, so I have to get the polished up chapter to them ASAP.
Good thing edits are probably my favorite part of the process. I've been through this particular manuscript so often, I could likely quote every line/ every page. But that is how it is by this point. My goal is to have this turned in my the weekend in order to make the tight turn around we have on the novel.

Then it is time to draft. My hardest thing. I always go through a sort of mini panic attack when I need to begin a new project. It's silly, really. But something about the blank page -- the uncharted waters-- always gives me pause.

Oh well, there is nothing I can do but jump in with both feet. Guess it's time to bug my CPs and have them torture me a bit to get me started. LOL!

What have you guys been working on?

Be sure to check out my crazy video on Elana's blog today. And yes, this is exactly how we talk - pretty much every day!

Oh, and I almost forgot to share more good news....

COMPASS PRESS is releasing a PRINT VERSION of DIES IRAE, along with two Channeler Series shorts (including Born of Fire) by Heather McCorkle. 

So for those of you who have been itchy for a print version of the novella, it's on its way! Release is set for March, just in time for LACRIMOSA and some other EPIC surprises, including Goodreads giveaways! While I am waiting for the giveaways to get started, go add the special edition BORN OF FIRE/DIES IRAE to your goodreads list!

WOO HOO, what a month!

Comments

  1. Lots of good stuff here! Glad you are psyched about edits. I go the other way--love to draft. Although, I don't mind revising. Have loved to see DIES IRAE all over the blogosphere! And, this post is choc full of great news!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for the release of the print version. And for Lacrimosa, and your new project. It's going to be a great year! If you need any help brainstorming shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!

Popular posts from this blog

It's Release Day!

Wow! This post was a long time coming. My 6th novel (and 17th book), OUTBREAK, book #2 in the Solomon Experiments, is officially out day.

This is a special release for me. I had struggled to find my fiction mojo after my last book. Related to what was going on in my personal life and some residual feelings about my mother's death, it took me nearly 2 years to reconnect with my inner artist. The struggle was worth it, though, as I figured out some things about myself as an artist that I needed.

Now, I hope all of you will enjoy the book as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

OUTBREAK is the continuing story of Dakota, an 18 year old girl wrestling with her new awareness of abilities that make her the target of a black ops group. Here is a little more about the story:


Dakota never thought she’d crave her old life in Boresville. Not until the Creator’s assassins came and took everything, everyone, she cared about—all except for David. He’s the only thing she has left, and he wants he…

Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

Crossroads Tour Day #5

Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!