Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WWO Wednesday and Finishing Edits

Happy Wednesday. I hope you guys have been accomplishing your goals of late. I have been on fire. I had a nice long weekend and used it to catch up on everything from the laundry, shopping (bought three pairs - THREE PAIRS - of epic new shoes), blogging, and cleaning through my email to my manuscript edits.

That's right, I said edits. I actually did it! I FINISHED EDITS on Lacrimosa.

JUST KIDDING!!! When I first planned this post, I really did expect to be finished with edits. But...NOT EVEN CLOSE! Seriously. I have been working, working, working...and yes, they are not quite finished. Close, but not yet.

But, they MUST be in by Friday in order to meet my publication deadlines.

And no, this is going so slowly because of anything big. No, it's just my own neuroses that keep getting in the way as I poured over each and every word, each and every scenes, each and every plot thread. And yes, the neuroses is definitely born from my need to turn out the best product possible. A noble cause, yes. But turning that cause into a lesson in my OCD-ish tendencies, probably not a good thing. Oh well, it is almost done, and soon I will get a chance to see what the rest of the world thinks!

Next up, I need to write a short story (Mea Culpa), outline another, and get ready to start drafting book 2 (Libera Me) in the Requiem series. Whew, nothing like being busy.

What are you guys working on?

Oh! And Kelly Hashway featured DIES IRAE in a YA Bound spotlight yesterday. I'm also over on the Honestly YA blog talking about teen love. And finally, Katie Davis put together a fabulous podcast of the ins and outs of book promotion - and yes, I am part of that podcast. She will be visiting the blog next week for a pretty fun vlog with BOTH of us. Let's just say I am a little animated when I speak. Too animated. Be sure to come back and check it out.

10 comments:

  1. I'm finishing my own edits, preparing to agent shop, and exploring the possibility of self-publishing.

    The last one, you never would have heard me say even 2 years ago, but my, the tides have certainly changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the changes in the industry have made many of us broaden our thoughts. Isn't it great that we can!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been productive. I've been playing around with my new computer and running my daughter to a lot of swim meets & practice. Getting some reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, swim season. I've been busy with that as well. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. You have been busy. I'm finishing the first draft of my YA horror this week, and then preparing myself to start the revision request on my other novel. Plus I'm finishing off an online course, which will benefit my RR (I hope). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your revisions. I am thrilled for you!

      Delete
  4. You'll get there sweetie, and it will be fabulous, I have no doubt! I'm neck-deep in revisions myself and mine are going slower than expected too. But it's worth it to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, Christine! You sound sooooo busy! I'm still working on my final revisions before going out on subs. Sadly, I've been in avoidance mode, so I haven't accomplished much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are so very busy!! Congrats on finishing your edits - makes me want to get motivated to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm getting tired just reading this. Like a marathon of writing and marketing wonderment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!