Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Kiss

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I thought that I'd share a little snippet of my writing today, something I haven't done in a while. Since it is Valentine's day, a kissing scene seemed in order. So here you go, a little smooching from DIES IRAE:


Our lips touch for a brief moment. She pulls back and the distance is unbearable. I lean in, wrapping my arms around her waist. I brush my lips against her cheek, her jaw. Releasing a small moan, she gives into me. Our lips meet and we are at once lost to a moment that should never be.
Time ceases to have meaning. Our kiss explodes into a million pieces, our lives irrevocably changed.
A heart beat passes, and another, before the kiss ends.
Demi pulls away, slowly opening her eyes. There is no joy, no passion, no peace in her expression.
Only pain.
     Regret.
~ Pg   39, DIES IRAE

There you go, a little romance for today. What are some of your FAVORITE smooching/romance scenes?

And don't forget to check out my tour stops today. Click on the blog tour tab for more information.

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading that scene and feeling so much passion and pain colliding in a painful crash of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!