Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bookanista Love for A MILLION SUNS



HAPPY THURSDAY everyone! Welcome to another edition of Bookanista Thursday. I am EXCITED to talk about Beth Revis' A MILLION SUNS today. But before I bring her interview, it's also Day 9 of my blog tour, and I will be hanging out with Bonnie Harris today. 
Check it out. And also, check out what the other Bookanistas are up to:



Christine Fonseca  takes a shine to A MILLION SUNS
Carolina Valdez Miller falls for FRACTURE
Jen Hayley surrenders to THE NIGHT SHE DISAPPEARED
Stasia Ward Kehoe is dazzled by DARK COMPANION
Nikki Katz wonders at THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
Debra Driza is overwhelmed by UNDER THE NEVER SKY
Jessica Love gives a trophy to BEAUTY QUEENS
Shelli Johannes-Wells takes you on a tour of The Reading Room
Tracy Banghart has double-love for THE SILVER PHOENIX and FURY OF THE PHOENIX
Hilary Wagner is in the grips of THE GATHERING STORM



On to my Bookanista Shout out for A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis


Release Date: 1/10/2012


Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.
It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.
But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.
In book two of the Across the Universe trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Beth Revis mesmerizes us again with a brilliantly crafted mystery filled with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.

Why I liked it: 


WOW! This book is easily one of my favorites! This is one of those rare occasions when the sequel SURPASSES the original! Revis has really found her stride in this series with this latest book. Packed with adventure, mystery and a building sense of doom, I found myself unable to put the book down! When I eventually did have to stop reading (you know, for work...or food...or life...) I found myself thinking and thinking and thinking about it. LOVE IT when that happens. Can not wait for more from Ms. Revis!!!


What are you reading these days?

    12 comments:

    1. I love that book (and series) so much! ATU was easily my favorite book last year (perhaps my favorite YA book ever!) and I devoured AMS as well.

      Plus I got to meet Beth when she came to town and gave her a Harley pony ^_^ She's the sweetest person ever.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I would love to meet Beth - everyone talks about how amazing she is!

        Delete
    2. I think I might possibly be the only person in the blogging world that has not read this book!! Beth seems like such an awesome person and I continue to hear nothing but great things about this series!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I loved Across The Universe and can hardly wait to read this one! And Beth is fantastic and I love supporting fantastic authors who are also fantastic peeps. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm really looking forward to reading this. Now that I have a little time, I hope to get to it soon. Like you said, it's not often a sequel surpasses the first book. Yay! Can't wait.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I picked up my copy this week and can't wait to read it! Yay!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. "This is one of those rare occasions when the sequel SURPASSES the original!" YES! I completely agree! I read AMS over a month ago, and I'm STILL thinking about it. Love Amy and Elder!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So amazing when book stays with you like that!

        Delete

    Thanks for your input!