Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whatcha Working On?

For my first installment of W.W.O Wednesday, I though I would fill you guys in on my current projects.

As you all have guessed by my updates, etc, my time is consumed with the Requiem Series for now. I've turned in final edits for DIES IRAE, and am turning in edits on LACRIMOSA this week. Next up, writing the next two books in the series. (cue the picture - my motivation)

I am an outliner, so I am spending the rest of the next couple of weeks outlining (loosely) both books. I have a short story idea related to the series that I need to get on paper as well. Then, hopefully, I will be able to begin drafting book 2 by the end of next week. My day job is back in full swing, so most of my writing time is usurped with my RL obligations. So, I am working on carving time to write - in the morning, at night, whenever I can.

I am so excited to be drafting these stories. SO EXCITED!

What are you guys working on?
OH! And I finally posted a review of Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley at Afterglows Book Reviews. Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. I'm almost finished planning my new project. Just a few more characterizations to go then I can start the first draft (next week!).

    It's sounds like our planning process is similar, Christine. I loosely outline too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gothic novels! I'm working on revising my YA paranormal romance that started out as a gothic romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on .... NOTHING! I finished FE on Friday and I'm taking a week off to read (A Million Suns, anyone?) and play WoW, and watch all that TV I missed :)

    I am so excited for your books! I can't wait to read them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still plugging away toward the end of what I started with NaNo. 21 days left (including today) to get to my self-set deadline of having the first draft done by the end of January. Had to take a break from it after November to get some work done around the house, but now it's time to kick those last 20K into high gear. Coming up on the end, but not quickly enough.

    Also, I really love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with writing the next two in The Requeim Series! I hope you'll get them done soon ^^

    Every since the new year started, my manuscript has been out of the picture. I'm just working on short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice atmospheric picture! I can see why you're drawing inspiration from it! Good luck with your outlining!

    RL is owning me right now, but I totally need to get on that time-carving for writing thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!