Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What a way to start 2012....

Happy New Year! I woke up nice and early this morning, ready to spend a few hours editing. After getting comfortably ensconced into my cave, I opened the document. In truth, I wasn't feeling it. You know what I mean - I was feeling a little too angsty, too...whatever.
So I went online and chatted with a couple friends. Finally, after squandering away too much time, I settled back into work, reading through the manuscript one more time to focus this round of revisions.
After an hour or so, I took a quick internet break. I cleaned through my emails, deleting a few announcements, and such without reading. Until I got an email saying congrats for the news in Publisher's Lunch.

What??? I didn't have news in Publisher's Lunch Weekly.

Or did I?
I looked through my trash, found the announcement and read this:

Children's: Young Adult
Christine Fonseca's DIES IRAE, and the Requiem series, in which the battle between good and evil just got a little more complicated, pitched as a Romeo-and-Juliet tale of demons and angels, to Compass Press, in a nice deal, in a four-book deal, for publication in February 2012 (US).

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a way to start the year! I know most of you knew I was publishing the series from my announcement a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share the news officially.

If you are interested in participating in the blog tour for DIES IRAE or the first book in the series, LACRIMOSA - just fill out the form linked here.

And thank you all for your support over the last several years. This series is near and dear to my heart. I am so excited to get to share it with all of you.

Okay - back to cleaning, etc for me. I will be back on Monday with new features and new fun!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just trashed that email! I will go look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having the announcement in the Pub Lunch Weekly.

    You can definitely count me in. I love a good party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the announcement in Pub Lunch and the release in February! A blog tour sounds fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that??? Congratulations Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news, Christine. Congratulations! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny that you didn't even know! Hah. Congratulations, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I was so excited to read that. Huge congrats. And I can hardly wait to see what kind of changes you'll be making to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw the announcement in my email from PW! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome!! 4 book deal?! Go you!! What a wonderful way to start off the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond LAME for getting to this post now, but MAJOR CONGRATS again!!! I am super excited for you, as well as to read this series!!

    *dances all day long*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!