Monday, January 23, 2012

Remembering to Breathe...

Happy Monday All! 

I don't know about you, but I had an insane weekend. See, I am currently spread a little too thin...okay a lot too thin. 

I got a promotion at work and am trying to close up one job while prepping for another. In addition, I have the novella coming out in a few days (EEK!) and edits on the novel due shortly after that. And then there is the parenting/carpooling/cooking/real life stuff

Yep, it is a lot. A WHOLE LOT!

So, how am I getting through it with a measure of sanity?

BREATHING.

Yep. Breathing in and out. In and out.

That is all I can do right now. Narrow my focus, concentrating on one thing at a time, and just breathe.

How do you regain your balance and remember to breathe?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your promotion. Breathing is definitely good through these crazy times. And know they will pass. Because they will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the promotion! And the upcoming release of your awesome novella. I can't wait to read the novel.

    Balance? I'm supposed to remember to breathe? Maybe that's my problem. Right now, I feel totally scattered and about the only thing I can focus on is writing. So I hide in the pages of my book and hope everything will work itself out eventually, on its own. Probably not the brightest way to approach this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, usually my heart starts beating really fast, which reminds me I haven't taken in enough oxygen... ;)

    Seriously though, congrats on the promotion and the pending novella (eek!). I'd be hyperventilating, too! It helps me to focus on one thing at a time, too. Only without completely freaking out if it's not going the way it should, which is how I can get when things are getting crazy busy. It helps to take a fifteen minute hot cocoa break when things are looking bleak.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I'll breathe with you... In fact, meditation might be called for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if you'll have the time for this, but if you can make the time, do so. Tai Chi is great. I don't get to do it as often as I like, but when I do, I have no choice but to concentrate on the movements and breathe.

    By the way, three cheers for your promotion and it's so stoking that your novella will be out in the world very soon *squee!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know about being spread thin. I've increasingly felt that way for the last few weeks. It's bound to get better...right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!