Friday, December 9, 2011

The Spruce Knoll Endangered Species Blog Tour




I'm so excited today! A special edition of Heather McCorkle’s The Secret Of Spruce Knoll is releasing from Compass Press this month and she’s doing a special tour to go along with it. The special part, a percentage of the proceeds from every special edition sold (in every format) between its release date and 12-12-2012, will go toward Heather’s favorite charity that protects endangered species. Her goal is to make at least $10,000 for the charity.

WOO HOO!!!!! Books and charity - what a fabulous combination!

Of course there are prizes during the tour which goes from December 1st through the 17th. Prizes include a symbolic endangered species adoption of the winner’s choice (a $50 donation by Heather to the charity for the endangered species of the winner’s choice, and cute stuffed animal for the winner!), signed copies of her novels and great swag. For full details, and to enter, go here. http://heathermccorkle.blogspot.com

For the tour Heather has asked each blog host to pick their favorite endangered species and she will tell us a fun or interesting fact about that animal.

So I picked....

The Green Sea Turtle

I have had the pleasure of diving with these lovely animals off the coast of Maui - and they are amazing!

So Heather - what can you tell us about the Green Sea Turtle?

Heather: You’ve picked one of my favorite creatures! It breaks my heart that they have now been upgraded to the critically endangered list due to habitat destruction, hunting, egg collecting, and pollution. Much like humans, it takes sea turtles decades to be ready to mate and it takes two months for the eggs to incubate. Hatchling gender depends on the sand temperature.   

Wow! I didn't know about the gender. That IS interesting.

Thanks for letting me be part of this, Heather. And if you guys want to be part of the fun, check out the full tour and the prizes at http://heathermccorkle.blogspot.com

And don't forget to check out the book - you won't be disappointed!

Buy links for the eBooks:

7 comments:

  1. There are so many things about the sea turtle and other endangered species that I never knew. Sadly, you could put what I do know in a pamphlet and what I don't into a series of books. I've learned more and more checking out this blog tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I'm glad I could help you learn something new about them! :) Thank you so much for coming along for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, you are awesome. I admire your efforts and your generosity. <3 you!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such interesting creatures. Thank you for sharing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting fact about the hatchlings--I wonder why that would be.

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, that's so sweet, thank you so much!

    Yelena, they are! You're welcome, and thank YOU!

    Golden Eagle, it is interesting isn't it? They aren't the only creatures like that either. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to swim with sea turtles. It breaks my heart to think they could disappear from our planet. Fantastic concept for a blog tour and for helping the animals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!