Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday and a Kissing Scene.

Well, it's been a while since I have shared any of my writing, so I thought I would share a steamy kissing scene from LACRIMOSA, my YA gothic romance.

His touch sears me. I pull away, barely able to speak. “Aydan? You’re here?”
            “Be with me,” he says, kissing my jaw, my neck, my shoulder. Every spot his mouth touches closes the empty spaces inside.
            A storm of desire gathers in my soul. Not just desire – need. “I shouldn’t…can’t—”
            Aydan stops and looks at me, his amber eyes as beautiful now as the day we met in Germany. “Tell me you don’t love me.”
            I try to form the words. Try to lie. But every cell, human and angelic, reaches out for him. Every thought – only him. I fall back into him, giving in to everything I desire.
            He wraps me in a hungry kiss, erasing the pain, the torment, the anguish. All that remains is my need. My love.
            "Let me have you. Love you," he says, his voice trembling.
            I open my mouth to respond, the words nothing but dust. A single moan escapes as he draws me into another kiss.
Somehow he reaches every dark corner of my soul, healing the betrayal and pain from so long ago. I want for nothing but him. This moment.
For an eternity.
For more info about LACRIMOSA and to read the blurb and see the playlist I created for the story, check out last week's DARK YA post.
Don't you just love a kissing scene? Tell me, what's your fav??


  1. I only have two words for this. OH. Wow!

    I want to read more. :D

  2. The kiss at the end of Philip Pullman's The Amber Spyglass is my favorite kiss. You just can't beat a kiss like that.

  3. Hot. I do love a kissing scene. I love it when Harry kisses Ginny in HP6.

  4. *jaw drops*

    *slow applause*

    Well. Played. Well played indeed.

    When this publishes, I won't be able to miss it, right? RIGHT!?!?!?

  5. I do love kissing scenes...Michelle is teasing us all with a kissing scene from Mara Dyer on Twitter. It is killing me. This is great!!!

  6. No FAIR that I'm fanning myself right now!!! NICE!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanks for your input!