Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNo Update - Week 1

Well, the first week of NaNo is behind me. And while it did feel good to get started on a new project, it was a pretty stressful week to. You see, I am behind. Already! DANGITALL.

According to my NaNo calendar, I really should be at or near a word count of 11,700. And yea, I'm at a mere 4K. So...I have a LOT of making up to do.

Based on my schedule this week - here are my goals for the week:
Mon - 2K
Tues - 2K
Weds - 2K
Thurs - OFF
Fri - 5k
Sat - 5k
Sun - 2k

If I do this - I will be back on track in no time. And yes, I think I can do it!

How are you guys doing?


  1. Looks like you're making great progress. I was behind, but I was able to catch up Friday night. Still on track right now and passed the 10K mark last night. Right on target. Hoping to get time to ramp it up this week and next weekend. Put a little buffer before Thanksgiving.

  2. You're doing great, Christine! GO, GO, GO!! :D

  3. Just keep plugging away! Every word written is a victory. You can do it!

  4. I'm amazed that you wrote 5k words in a day. The most I've ever managed was a little over 2k.

    Good job!

  5. I'm not NaNoing, but I did manage to finish an incredibly stubborn, trudging through mud chapter re-write! Yay! :-)

  6. I'm only about 4500 words in myself so I am going to borrow your writing schedule to keep up. I really should get off these blogs then so I can get to it, shouldn't I?

  7. Not Wri-moing, and not doing a very good job Fin-moing like I'd planned this month. I've only typed about 1k words since November 1st when I should be closer to 10K. Blerg.

    Good luck to everyone who's participating! Remember, everyone wins NaNo!

  8. I'm a little behind, too. Oh well...still plenty of time to get caught up!

  9. Good luck with your goals. I am hoping to get back to my writing soon. Swim season is slowing down. Soon.

  10. You can do it! Use all of those weekends for time to write! And you can always use a wordy death scene to add to your word count, and edit it out later. :)

  11. You have an aggressive schedule but I think you can accomplish the goals.
    I'm at 13k words. Having a few issues this evening so will have to return to NaNoing tomorrow evening. (EEK!)
    Good luck, Christine!

  12. You made a schedule and everything! I'm waaaay behind and was supposed to catch up this weekend, but that didn't happen. Hopefully, I can close some of the gap this week!

    Good luck!

  13. I'm behind on my word count, but there is plenty of time to get caught up. Great idea with the schedule.


Thanks for your input!