Monday, November 21, 2011

A little announcement....

First, let me say a congrats to the vast majority of my friends who have BLOWN AWAY NaNo this year, already hitting the 50K mark - that is simply amazing.

I was not so fortunate. Well, actually I am, but not where NaNo is concerned. Having only achieved about 30% of the goal, I decided to change my focus. Yes, I probably could have finished given that I am off until 11/28 and typically do a lot of writing when I am off. BUT...
Not this time.
This time I really need to switch gears a bit. I have a super sekrit project I can't yet talk about - one that required some revisions and some other writerly things - this is what has been occupying my mind of late.

So, for the rest of the calendar year, I will be focused on my that sekrit stuff, as well as finishing up a draft or two. I will share more when I can. For now, I just leave you with my inspiration -

See you tomorrow, when I get to host the ever-amazing ALI CROSS!!! I am so freakin' excited....

How have you guys been doing with your projects?


  1. Congrats on your secret project. Sounds like you'll have great news soon.

  2. I totally understand. The sekrit project takes precedence - as it should. I had to bow out of NaNo before I even started because this WIP has to take all my mental powers. (Although I'm still hoping to do a NaNo type thing in December.)

  3. Congrats on the sekrit thing. Such a tease. I'm just proud I broke 30K last night. Just a little behind, but I'm hoping! Can't wait to hear what the double-secret project is all about.

  4. I've been making good progress on a sekrit project of my own. I'm hoping to get it finished up by the end of the year. I'm loving it.

    Good luck on your sekrit-ness! Hope we get to un-sekrit it later!

  5. NaNo is going slowly, but at least I'm making forward progress.

    Your sekrit project sounds intriguing, and I love that statue! Stumbled upon it while I was looking for Columbia University and was totally blown away. It's beautiful!

  6. Wow, this super sekrit project sounds/looks exciting! I love the inspiration photo. Looking forward to more deets on this to come. :)


Thanks for your input!