Friday, October 21, 2011

Wherein I talk about angst and diversions....

Happy Friday! Last week was lovingly known as my week of rejections. This week - it's the week of crickets. To be honest, I am not really certain which one is harder to deal with. This week, at least, I had some amazing diversions to keep my angst under control.

First, work has been INSANE! Not fun - but it IS a diversion.
Second, Elana came for a visit. We didn't get a chance to connect until Weds, but man oh man did we have fun!

Weds was the 2-school-visits-and-a-book-signing day. Here are the pics (and yes, I got to hang with her, Jessi Kirby and Corey Whaley ALL DAY! - it was EPIC fun!)

We started the day at a Middle School, then went to a HS. My kids got to meet and talk with them - Highlight of their week!

Then we went to lunch at one of our local FABULOUS vineyards. For those who don't know this, Temecula is sort of the Napa Valley of Southern California

Then it was on to a book signing in San Diego.

On Thursday, I had to work.
But I did make it down to my fav BN in Oceanside for another event.

The highlight of the evening - dinner with 15 fabulous writerly friends. Truly a great time.

I was sad to say goodbye - but rest assured, I will see them all soon.

Man, what am I going to do for diversions next week? Oh! I start my month of too-many-events, not to mention NaNo is right around the corner. I guess I have nothing to worry about!
How do you stay busy when you are waiting, waiting, waiting???


  1. Sounds like a very fun week, despite the crickets. That pic of the vineyard is beautiful!

    I distract myself by hanging out with friends, writing something new, or watching lots and lots of TV. I can always find something to watch thanks to the internet. Haha. Have a great weekend!

  2. I'm so sorry about the week of rejections. :( I know what you mean though, sometimes the silence is so much worse! I'm sending out good thoughts for you. And thanks for sharing the great pictures!

  3. Fun week! I was hoping to come out to Oceanside last night, but there was no way I could get down there. It looks like you had a great week!

    Okay, so you had the week of rejections and the week of crickets...that means the week of YES is coming up soon!

  4. Sounds like your distractions were a blast. Sorry to hear about your rejections and your crickets. Me? I try not to think about the fact that I have submissions out. And I try to let the rejections go when they come in. (Note I said 'try'. I'm not always successful there.)


Thanks for your input!