Thursday, October 6, 2011

Showing Some Love For AUDITION!

Time for another fabulous Bookanista Thursday! I'm so excited to talk about fellow Bookanista's book AUDITION, but before I get to that - 

A quick moment to mourn the loss of a true visionary - Steve Jobs. One of the best quotes from him:
"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

On to the great Bookanista reviews this week:
And my Bookanista Shout-out for our very own Stasia Ward Kehoe and AUDITION

Release Date: October 13, 2011

Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
When high school junior Sara wins a coveted scholarship to study ballet, she must sacrifice everything for her new life as a professional dancer-in-training. Living in a strange city with a host family, she's deeply lonely-until she falls into the arms of Remington, a choreographer in his early twenties. At first, she loves being Rem's muse, but as she discovers a surprising passion for writing, she begins to question whether she's chosen the right path. Is Rem using her, or is it the other way around? And is dancing still her dream, or does she need something more? This debut novel in verse is as intense and romantic as it is eloquent.
Why I liked it: 

Let me start by saying that I was a theater/dance minor in school. And while my background was in dance and choreography, I was NOT destined to be a ballerina. My knees and ankles prevented that. But man, I sure wanted to have a future in dance. So when I picked up AUDITION, I was beyond excited to inhale every delightful word.

Let me tell you - I was NOT disappointed. The story was fantastic, discussing all of the realities of the dance world, as well as the coming to age story that unfolds through Stasia's eloquent verse. Yes, that's right, the story is in verse. And let me tell you - it was MEANT to be in verse. I can't image the story being told any of way.

This is a story filled with full, authentic characters (you know how much I crave that in my books), a rich storyline, and wrapped together in language that is nothing short of beautiful. Definitely a MUST READ!!!

Well done, Stasia! This is definitely a book not to be missed.

What are you reading these days???


  1. I love that Steve Jobs quote. His death is so sad. Great review, Christine! :-)

  2. Intriguing review for this book. I'd heard something about it but hadn't realized it was written in verse.


Thanks for your input!